• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake in August

Hows the fishing mid to late August? Would like to plan a trip about that time but have never been there so dont know what to expect. Does the water turn green like L.O.W. or not. Fishing get worse or better? All the reports sound great so I'd like to get up and experience it.

I just got back from there. the lake is starting to "green" up. I went in August last year, fishing was a little slow but not bad. There was alot of algea on the lake to include that bright blue stuff your not really supposed to handle.

Let me qualify that "a little slow" comment.. we still caught a lot of fish.. six bigger than 7 lbs over a weeks time and went thru several lbs of leeches. If you hit it right you can limit out on very respectable fish in less than an hour. I go at least once a year during the summer months and make trips up during the winter. A little slow there is a like good day on Mille Lacs.