• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gurgling Sound From Refridgerator

Coach Dog

Hey guys, lately, when I shut my fridge door, it makes a gurgling sound (or the sound of dumping water out of a gallon milk jug). It doesn't happen all the time, but maybe 1/3 of the time. It seams that the sound is coming from the back of the fridge? Any idea what this would be and should I be concerned about it?

Thanks!

Are you missing any beer if so hurry and get a knew fridge.

LOL! Ours makes that noise too, but it's when the icemaker is filling up with water to make a new batch. You didn't mention if you had an icemaker or not, but if you do it could be the culprit.

Ditto Tom!

My new second hand fridge does the same thing. I'm sure its the condensate trap. I took the back off and messed with the tube a bit and made it worse. I haven't taken the time to mess with it any more. Way too many other fixes that are priorities.

It should be the gurgling of water in the trap as air is sucked through it after your door is closed and the fridge creates a vacuum. Not damaging but irritating.

The beer's cold though.