• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFL tampering

Trainman

Bevell and Favre are good friends...I didn't realize wishing someone well on his endeavors after football was tampering.

Favre is on the verge of being washed up. Heck, 28 plus teams could use what he did last year. But who's to say that's the Favre you are going to get. Favre has been pretty average since what, 1999? He's been the best of the worst and the worst of the best.

Tisosy - I agree with the tampering bit...those guys are friends and the Pack are reaching.

Who knows how Favre would perform if he played this year? There are a lot of players (even Vikings), that have great years and they don't produce the next.

Favre being average since 1999??? Favre had average years in 1999,2000,2005 & 2006

Were these average??

2001 32td's 15int 3,921yds Rating 94.1

2002 27td's 16int 3,658yds Rating 85.6

2003 32td's 21int 3,361yds Rating 90.4

2004 30td's 17int 4,088yds Rating 92.4

2007 28td's 15int 4,155yds Rating 95.7

Check out the stats of the last 9 years for these QB's:

Montana, Aikman, Marino, Bradshaw etc..

They had some great years and some average years.

Do you really think if the Vikings got Favre, he's be backing up Tarvaris???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Favre and Bevell had a conversation who to say it wasn't about fishing, golf, vacations, family etc. Who between these two would benefit by reporting it to the Packer organization? The answer is neither. And who, other than one of these two, would be able to coborate the Packers accusation of tampering? Why would the Vikings want Favre for 1 maybe 2 years at the most? The Vikes have worked with Jackson for a couple of years and are close to reaping the rewards of their efforts. Bringing in Favre would cause Jackson to demand a trade. In a year or two the Vikes would be back to square 1. No Favre and no NFL ready QB.

Typical GB dirty trick! Favre is a double agent. The Packers and Favre create this media mess for effect and Favre sets up the Vikes for the tampering and causes all kinds of Viking in-house and NFL problems while Farve never had intentions of playing again. Are Bevell and Childress that big a suckers? That dirty GB!

What I don't understand about this whole tampering thing is Brett Favre was and still is retired right? He has to ask the league for reinstatement.

You mean to tell me the Vikings or any other football team can't talk to retired players? The Vikes aren't allowed to talk to Bart Starr or Dan Marino or John Elway without being accused of tampering? Not much of a case by the Packers in my mind. I think it is just a diversion by the GM of the Packers to get the monkey off of his back.

I don't know for sure but does Favre still have time left on the last contract he signed with the Packers? If so, that may be the reason. Even when his last contract expires I think GB still owns his rights and would have the first right to match any other teams offer.

I don't know for sure but does Favre still have time left on the last contract he signed with the Packers? If so, that may be the reason. Even when his last contract expires I think GB still owns his rights and would have the first right to match any other teams offer.

Yep, I think he has three years left. That would be why, but it's pretty weak.

Report: Packers have Favre’s phone records

As we await the NFL’s decision on the tampering charges filed by the Packers against the Vikings for “inappropriate dialogue” with Brett Favre, Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel had an interesting bit of information in a piece he wrote about the quarterback today.

McGinn writes that a source said Favre had continued to use a Packers-issued cell phone and that when the team checked the phone records it found “repeated calls to coach Brad Childress and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.”

The possibility of Favre having used a phone issued by the Packers had been speculated on last week after the Associated Press reported that Green Bay informed the NFL it felt “an investigation of the phone records would show more than ‘normal contact’ between the Vikings and Favre, even before he formally asked for his release to play for another team.”

Bevell served as Favre’s quarterbacks coach in Green Bay from 2003-05 and the two have remained close. That relationship made it difficult to believe the Packers could prove much by simply pointing to conversations between Bevell and Favre. However, if Favre’s phone records also point to conversations with Childress that could be a different story.

The Vikings have remained mostly quiet on this subject since news broke nearly a week ago that tampering charges had been filed. Minnesota issued a statement last Thursday, saying the Vikings “are not commenting on this issue. These types of matters are handled by the league.”

The Vikings, if found guilty, could face penalties that include loss of draft picks and/or fines.

I don't see there being any punishment. This is the packers trying to wipe their own butt from this mess. Farve and TT aren't best friends and the egos are clashing.

If the vikings have Favre...he likely starts over T-jack badger.

I think there is a 3.6% chance that Favre is in a vikings uniform though. Definately not at game 1 of the season. Chili likes what he has so far.

So favre was making the phone calls? How is that tampering on our part? If the nfl doesn't know what was said I doubt anything serious will come of all this. Rumors, rumors, rumors.

Chili likes what he has so far.

Chili (we have a good vibe) has dug himself a hole and is too proud to admit it. Where T-Jack goes, so will Chili....and T-Jack ain't no McNabb.

I agree, if Favre made the calls how does that involve tampering. Favre wanted out of Green Bay so bad he harrassed Chili by calling him all the time. I would file harrassment charges with the NFL. That or else, Favre was inviting Chili to go deer hunting during the bye week of the season.

HUH?

Sorry guy's IF "big if" more then one call between Farve and Chilli took place, Chili should be fired for stupidity at the minimum.

We can sugar coat it any way we want but it is as was tampering period.

If Farve called Chilly it should have went like this.

"hi chilly Bret Favre here hows it going?"

"Brett you are under contract with Green Bay I can't talk to you CLICK!"

I think if he even consided getting Favre he should be fired grin ! Now it would still be hard to prove they were talking football, and not talking what kind of cheese curds to buy on opening day!