• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFL tampering

Trainman

Rumor has it that the Packers are filing for tampering by the Vikings. Apparently Bevell and Favre have been having inappropriate conversions.... Probably about the next party barge on 'tonka and hooking up with Chmura and Winters after his induction this weekend. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

How could the Packers possible know this? Nice futile coverup Thompson. Like we'd give you any draft picks or players you would want. How about Sharper? You can have him, plus the 6th rounder we got for loser Troy Williamson. The entire NFL is laughing. HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Good way the pass time during the All-star break.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we didn't follow the Glenn Taylor model and they don't actually find a napkin with credible evidence on it we should slide on this one without any damage.... grin

Quote:
It's not a want thing, it's a need thing. As in, you NEED him!

What he said!

He was talking to the offensive coordinator. Good luck proving what they were talking about.
And dont forget the two had a prior relationship before the coach came to Minnesota. How stupid is this coordinator.

And sorry We need not to have him.

I thought T Jack was the man. Why would the Queens who have no weakness need a wash up QB? laugh I guess maybe bevell doesn't feel T Jack is ready to lead the purple to another title, smirk opps I mean a title.

Mark

This tampering story is funny, whether it is true or not. Tough to prove, I would think, unless something is recorded or someone admits it.

The Green and Gold can't handle the thought that their God is considering playing for the Purple.

I would take him as quarterback on the Vikes. Why? He is better than what we have now and I would love to see the faces of all the Packers fans when their beloved son makes a run for the border....

Sorry Limit! We dont NEED a washed up QB either grin

4wanderingeyes....your quotes are laughable. Washed up QB??? Brett threw for 4,155YDS..28TD's..15INT's..and had a QB rating of 95.7 last year. That hardly sounds like a washed up QB!!!

What are your thoughts on the Purple this year? Your predictions have gone from 10-6..11-5..12-4..13-3 SB in 3 years..to 2 years..to next year????

Keep those quotes/comments coming!! You keep the Pack fans very entertained!

If he isnt washed up, and is that good, why isnt the Packers excited and jumping up and down that he wants to un-retire?

I think the Packers have a good young team without him, and they know that Favre isnt the one to take them over the edge to win the Super Bowl! The reason Favre had such a good year last year was because he had a lot of good players around him to make him look good.

A washed up or mediocre QB can look good if he has 3 good recievers, a good OF line, and a good running back. Just look at what Jeff George, Brad Johnson , and other QB's did for the Vikings when they had Jake Reed, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Robert Smith. The Packers and the Vikings would be taking a step backwards by having Favre as their starting QB. Both teams are young and are building for the future. Favre may be a little better then Jackson or Rogers, but to bring Favre into either of these teams would effect the long term goal of both teams to build for the future!

I still predict Vikings to be a 11-13 game winner this year. With the Packers right up there as well.

If he isnt washed up, and is that good, why isnt the Packers excited and jumping up and down that he wants to un-retire?

I think the Packers have a good young team without him, and they know that Favre isnt the one to take them over the edge to win the Super Bowl! The reason Favre had such a good year last year was because he had a lot of good players around him to make him look good.

A washed up or mediocre QB can look good if he has 3 good recievers, a good OF line, and a good running back. Just look at what Jeff George, Brad Johnson , and other QB's did for the Vikings when they had Jake Reed, Randy Moss, Chris Carter, Robert Smith. The Packers and the Vikings would be taking a step backwards by having Favre as their starting QB. Both teams are young and are building for the future. Favre may be a little better then Jackson or Rogers, but to bring Favre into either of these teams would effect the long term goal of both teams to build for the future!

I still predict Vikings to be a 11-13 game winner this year. With the Packers right up there as well.

He's not washed up. The organization is tired of his indecision with retirement. Plus, Arod will probably not re-sign with the Pack if Favre comes back. It's time for Favre to move on. If the Pack release Favre (which they won't), the purple would love to have the guy.

You said it...the Packers have a good young team (youngest in the NFL last year). Favre is more than "a little better" than Arod & TJack. Tjack & Arod never would have done as well last year if they were the starting QB's in GB.

You can't compare Favre's season last year to Jeff George in 1999 with the Vikes. The Vikes were coming off a 15-1 season and other than Moss (who had the best rookie year ever in 98), the rest of the purple mentioned were seasoned vets. In fact, it's pretty silly to put Jeff George in the same sentence.

I agree that the Pack & Vikes should do well this year. I don't see either winning more than 10 games though (unless Favre ends up playing again).

Back on topic, if the Vikings did tamper with this and tried to get Favre ilegally, I say anyone on this team that had anything to do with it should loose their jobs! Wilf is trying to run a class act team, and I would like to say he has turned it around pretty well, until this!

The Vikings have a bright future ahead of them, they have alot of good young talent. If someone in the front office messed up our future draft picks, I hope they pay with their jobs, and a fine!

I agree with you wandering. I would hate to see what happened to the wolves happen to the vikes. I would be [PoorWordUsage]'d as heck with that and heads should roll for sure. I'm still going with they are friends and cry baby favre was probably looking for some advice. Who knows.

So at what point does “I am a real American” come blaring through the speakers and the Hulk comes walking out of the tunnel to save the day.

……..this stuff is getting out of hand.

Could we just play some ball.

I think Green Bay threw this tampering garbage out there to deflect some of the bad press they have been getting with this whole Favre unretirement thing. Nothing wrong with Bevell and Favre talking as long as it isn't a recruiting conversation on Bevells part. Proving this tampering thing will be next to impossible.

Or.... Maybe it's a Favre/Green Bay conspiracy setting the Vikes up so if we get caught we'll lose a few much needed draft picks in the next couple of years. YEAH that's the ticket.

Bevell and Favre are good friends...I didn't realize wishing someone well on his endeavors after football was tampering.

Favre is on the verge of being washed up. Heck, 28 plus teams could use what he did last year. But who's to say that's the Favre you are going to get. Favre has been pretty average since what, 1999? He's been the best of the worst and the worst of the best.