• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X125 Software Update

Elkslayer

Question

Does anyone know where I can find the latest software update for Lowrance x125 depth sounder? I loose depth at all depths and all speeds. I've moved my transducer and tried a new one with no luck. I figure it must be a software issue. Example, if I come to a complete stop, it can take 3-5 minutes to register the correct depth.

Larry

4 answers to this question

You can't update software on a x125 - that's a depthfinder only and doesn't have a card reader for SD cards like the gps units and combo units do.

It sounds to me like a transducer problem, but assuming your old transducer and/or your new transducer were okay, it must be a problem with the unit itself. The only other idea I have is that you can try is making sure there's no electrical interference, ie. try moving the transducer cable away from the power cable and your boat's wiring just to see if that helps. Good luck getting it resolved.

I would have thought with the right cable (computer to unit) you could update. The Lowrance HSOforum shows that this model should be on version 1.7.0. Mine is operating on verison 1.1.0. I had my Humminbird matrix 27 updated the same way. Don't know. I took it in to a dealer and they said it would be 6 weeks to send it out and to get it updated. For me, that would be the end of my season with my depth sounder.

Does your transducer cable run anywhere near the motor control cables? I have a 510C and ran the tranducer down the right side compartment that held the motor control cables. The unit worked fine until I throttled up. It would lose the bottom contact at about 10MPH. At the recommendation of shop that sold me the unit I moved the cable and problem was solved.

Thanks for your help. I tried moving the cables with little change. I talked to Linda Colt at Lowrance, this lady is a god send. She reply's to emails almost immediately and in the end, without any hassel's, is sending me a new unit.

Thank-you Linda.