• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beer+Bonfire+Friends=Life's greatest questions

BigGrassBass

Can't believe no one else has said this, but a #7 black/silver floating original rapala will catch just about anything that swims.

This came up a couple weeks ago (don't ask how) and I wanted to get your thoughts and ideas.

Here it is:

You are blindfolded and hogtied by the mob. They put you into the trunk of the car and take you to a lake/river/stream. You have 20 minutes to catch a fish or you will be killed. What lure are you going to use assuming;

a) The fish has to be a legal catch, no snagging allowed.

B) The choice for rod/real/line is unlimited.

c) No live bait

d) Fish species or size does not matter.

What are you going to throw?

My answer: An 1/8 ounce jig head with a 2 inch white twister tail.

Sidenote: As you can imagine this led to several more beers and hours of debate fun!

This is a lame question. I live to fish. I don't fish to live. Every cast I make I would make it as if it were my last!! grin

a tiny mini-mite jig with pink head/white body under a round bobber. All species have been caught on the mini-mite.

And I'm not too proud so size of the catch does not make a diff on if I stay or go to "h e double toothpicks". At 52, I'd like to think I'm only half-way to dead.

Three Black Ghost, Tied on long shank hooks, sizes 10,8 and 6. on a 6wt flyrod. If I'm going to go, let it be with a flyrod in my hand. If I have a boat, a Spoonplug this time of year.

So no one else finds it very odd that a "Mob" has it in their mind to abduct you in a very violent fashion but then will go out and get you just what you ask for so you can sit back and fish for a bit.

I might be asking for something that could be used as an escape tool.

How are any of these lures helpful if you're hogtied and blindfolded??

Assuming they remove the blindfold and free at least my left arm to cast, i'd probably opt for the beetle spin on light tackle. but what part of what river is this location? spillway below a dam? near an access? off or under a bridge?

(sips a cold one)

twenty minutes is a tight time line. other than tournaments and guide trips, has anyone ever pressured themselves like this: i.e. HAVE to catch a fish? I always do the 'one more cast and then i'm leaving' unless i don't get a bite on the last one. then it's always...one more.