• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Large cyst on our dog

Jim916

Our black lab has had a cyst(vet diagnosed during check-up) about a 1/2" from her rectum. The vet said if it gets larger it might have to be removed, and there might be a chance of incontinence because of the area it is in.

It is getting larger but it does not seem to be causing any pain.

Has anyone seen this before and has anyone had it removed? Also any reccomendations of a good vet in the SE metro to have this removed by.

Thanks,

Jim

I had a yellow lab with cysts when she got older (about 7years old), she had them on her upper legs. My aunt had the sister to my dog and her dog had the cysts also, and in the same place that started to appear at the same time. My aunt works as a vet teck at a vet so she had them biopsied and they were not cancer or anything, just lumps of tissue. We were told that it's common for labs to have these. just a side note: we didn't do anything about the cysts and my dog lived a long (11years old) and healthy life. My aunts dog did seem to take the removal of the cysts well and she was sadly put down shortly after removing them. Just my experiance. I hope everything works out with your lab, they're great dogs.