• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing on Lake Elmo

Sunny3

There are big pike and muskie in there. It's a really hard lake to fish though because it's deep and clear. I've caught bass out of it, but never a Pike or Muskie. I don't know if others will chime in, but I can tell you to go to Blue Ribbon Bait and talk to Josh. He's got the record tiger-muskie and it came from that lake.

You need a really long cast and often they're in deep water. Chances are that they often see you long before you see them and have probably followed your lure from a long way. Plus if those pleasure boaters would just not be around, your chances increases a lot in hooking into one of them.

Have had lots of success at Elmo in past years. Trolling deep divers 2-8 mph yielded the most fish. Ledgends, Ernies, etc. Mostly Northerns, but also pulled out a 27 inch wally, a tiger about mid 30's inches, and an occasional carp snagging.

The main issue with fishing such a deep lake was reviving fish. most of the fish we caught are suspened in 70 -90 feet, always hitting the lure in the belly, and coming up so fast from those depths affected them greatly. The Pike seemed less "green" and a lot more fragile than that of Minnetonka for instance, possibly becuase of the clear cool water habitat....