• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best 3 hours of fishing for me ever!!!

Deitz Dittrich

This evening while fishing the FBL(Fishing Minnesota Fun Bass League) I had the best 3 hours of fishing ever... all caught on a drop shot.. all caught in 12-14 feet of water.. biggest 5 fish went 27lbs 4 oz on my berk digital scale....

yowzers!!! my face hurts from smiling so much!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very short for the DD. What was it, 4 fish on consecutive drops. I saw a pic of the biggin at 20.5 and it was impressive. Congrats on a great night of fishing. I fished with Troy McLure tonight and we did alright, got 85" of fish for the top 5. Nice fish, all caught for the most part on the weed edge with DT's. I got an 18.5 on a DT10, probably my new favorite bait.

Just out of curiosity, what does the Solunar Calendar say about tonight?

It say's "Neighbor Guy's Getting Skunked" I went O-fer tonight in my three hours of fishing cry. Wanderer showed me how it was done, but I couldn't do anything.

5+ is a great stringer!!! You will remember that for a while. Hope you got some pic's!!!

I would ask what lake you were on, but with a spot like that, I would keep it close to the belt. wink

Not sure what the moon phase table was, all I know was during our round table discussion after the tournament you could see the full moon in the background...

the FBL is a catch and release tournament, and my partner called me and couldnt make it at the last second, so, no picts except for one with my cell phone..

was a very fun night, face still sore from smiling!

as polar stated, I got 4 fish on 4 casts at one point with the smallest being right around 4 lbs. I got 18 fish in all for the 3 hours.

Dietz,

What's your favorite plastic or type of bait to use for dropshotting?

Ditto that. I've played with it but with poor results using a JR Fluke.

Do you guys use the honor system and measure & release your own fish?

Thanks!

Oops, missed that question... I bounce around quite a bit with what I use.. 4" straight tail worm by Mr Twister is probably what I use the most, I also use Tubes quite a bit. I also like to use the dropshot bass jig some as well with the 4" straight tail worm on it.

i118719sn01.jpg

last nights catch came on a gander mtn series 3" beaver imatation, another lure I use frequently.

Tom, I got mine at Thorne Brothers, I think the company that makes the sweet beaver makes it.. Reaction Inovations or something like that.. Cabelas also makes their own brand, but I think they are just buying them from Reaction and putting their own package as they look identical...

All the more reason for me to stop in there tonight. RI has some pretty good products on the market. After that show you put on last night, I think it is time for me to learn how to drop-shot. That is next on the list of things to figure out. I think I have done alright so far figuring out the deep cranks this year.

Guys, the FBL events in the East Central area are a great way to get out with a big group of people, and try things you aren't used to. The first few weeks this year with the late spring, meant a lot of small fish mainly caught throwing soft-plastic jerk-baits. As the season has progressed though, we are seeing a lot of different things working very well. A few guys continue to bring heavy score sheets to the landing tossing senkos, but shallow and mid depth cranks picked up a couple weeks ago. Now we are seeing topwaters, deep cranks, and obviously DD puttin on a show with the drop-shot. Best part is that nobody keeps secrets, if you want to see the set-up someone uses, they will show you. It's been fun being a part of it this year.

WOW!!!! Nice FISH!!!! If I may which lake were you guys on last night? NOT looking for spots just trying to find out which lake is capable of kicking out 27lbs for 5! That rocks!

It would be pretty easy to figure out by looking so I will go ahead and let everyone know it was Chisago. Just about every boat out there last night had at least one 18.5" or better bass in the boat. Great night of fishing.

Super Job! It's funny that this came up because last sunday I went out and the drop shot was the rig that consistenly put fish in the boat. 4" Storm Finesse Worms with small rattles in the tail end. Worked great but not very durable as I went through the six I had in short order. I used Owner light wire hooks also but am not sold on them yet. Hey Deitz, how about your line and hooks? I used 8 lb mono but was thinking 6 lb floro would be better. Would a 1/0 wide gap worm hook be a better choice? Thanks in advance for replies to these questions!

TODDY

I also had a big smile most of the night until the teacher told me what he had got!!! But I thought if I was having a good night others would have been also. I have gone to the Deitz drop shot class!!!! And under full discloser I was fishing number two or three spot he would have fished. Drop shot all night in one area I ended up 10in behind him.

Thanks Deitz

when is the next one? I would love to see how you guys/gals catch all these fish. I'm trying to learn.

All the more reason for me to stop in there tonight. RI has some pretty good products on the market. After that show you put on last night, I think it is time for me to learn how to drop-shot. That is next on the list of things to figure out. I think I have done alright so far figuring out the deep cranks this year.

Guys, the FBL events in the East Central area are a great way to get out with a big group of people, and try things you aren't used to. The first few weeks this year with the late spring, meant a lot of small fish mainly caught throwing soft-plastic jerk-baits. As the season has progressed though, we are seeing a lot of different things working very well. A few guys continue to bring heavy score sheets to the landing tossing senkos, but shallow and mid depth cranks picked up a couple weeks ago. Now we are seeing topwaters, deep cranks, and obviously DD puttin on a show with the drop-shot. Best part is that nobody keeps secrets, if you want to see the set-up someone uses, they will show you. It's been fun being a part of it this year.

Take Off: 5:30pm END: 8:30pm *Meet at landing around 8:30

June: 3rd N/S Center (Public Access on South Center)

10th Forest (Public access on Lake 3, N. Shore Dr)

17th Chisago/S Lindstrom (Public Access in channel)

24th Big Marine (Public access on north end)

July: 1st Green (Public access on Big Green)

7th N/S Center

14th Chisago

21st Big Marine

28th Green

Aug: 4th N/S Center

11th Chisago

19th Forest Lake

*Schedule Subject to change.

Slimer, the next one is right next door to you on Big Marine next Tuesday night. Launch is at 5:30 and we meet back at the ramp at 8:30. There is usually about a 30 to 45 minute rundown of what worked and what didn't at the end of the night. Just make sure you have something to measure your fish, preferably a bump board, but a yardstick nosed up to something works just as well. Meet us out there and give it a shot. Worst that you can do is walking away learning something you didn't think of before.

Quote:
ey Deitz, how about your line and hooks? I used 8 lb mono but was thinking 6 lb floro would be better. Would a 1/0 wide gap worm hook be a better choice? Thanks in advance for replies to these questions!

TODDY-Welcome to FM, great to have you with us here in the bass forum.. Please stick around and enjoy. I look forward to reading your posts..

As for the hook, I use the Standout Hook

923_image.jpg Its the best I have found so far as far as line twist and hooking percentage. The line I use is 6lb Gamma Edge 100% Florocarbon. All 3 of my dropshot rods have the same line...

Thanks again all for the kind words, it really was fun. Ive been dropshotting for quite some time here in MN.. I gave a Seminar on Drop Shotting quite a few years ago at the B.A.S.S. Seminars, if I had to guess probably close to 8 years ago now. While its exciting to see people catching fish on it, I have to admit, it was a ton of fun when I was the only one doing it,(or so it seemed)