• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

24 volt charging ??

berke99

I just got a 24 volt minkota trolling motor. This is my first time dealing with 24 volts. I have 2 battery chargers. My question is when I charge the batteries- do I have to disconnect the batteries and charge them seperatly? What is the proper way to charge the batteries with out an on board charger? Thanks for any help!

Heck, get a 3 bank and hook up your starter battery as well.. I have a 10-10-3amp and love it.

A good point Deitz... it fyou can swing it it's nice to have the piece of mind that your starting battery is charged too...

marine_man

They work pretty good... I don't have any experience with the 24 volt system but a friend had the 12V system and it worked pretty good.

The drawback is on an overnight fishing trip when you leave your boat in the water you have no way to charge your batteries vs running an extension cord out and charging them.

marine_man