Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King_Fisher

Where did they go???

8 posts in this topic

A couple weeks ago the carp were all in shallow spawning, now I can't seem to find them. Do they come back in shallow? Where do they transition too?

Try early morning in cattail areas or around trees hanging in the water. Another option is to go at night. If you do not have a boat you might want to check out small rivers and creeks.

A couple weeks ago the carp were all in shallow spawning, now I can't seem to find them. Do they come back in shallow? Where do they transition too?
cooler areas flowing water.the lake I live on I have caught them on leaches in 10-12 fow latly 26 lber towed me around a bit

I have a boat and rigged up a platform and lights but the generator I have puts out too much noise to be legal I think. I tried out on Buffalo last weekend and woke up some locals, they didn't look too happy. Not to mention the water was about as clear as coffee.

they are out there, we went out today and saw a couple 100 fish. took us all day to find them and what to look for to find them

Was out on Tuesday for a few hours and saw lots of them in the lily pads, ended up filling a 50 gallon barrel full of them between 3 guys so it was a pretty good day.

I have been seeing some in creeks near the river.

deep water shorelines in shade under trees. the lakes i been on they are mostly in rocks... but sand too ... under swim platforms baisicaly deep water shade