• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2005 Polaris Ranger 500

BANDERSO

Don't waste your money on tracks for a 500 class machine, I had them on a 06 500 Sportsman and it was underpowered, top speed of maybe 15-20 mph and really doggy whetre you need it. I personally wouldn't put them on anything less than a 700cc machine. I upgrade my 500 to an 800 after just 2 rides. Both machines were using the Polaris Prospector pro tracks, other tracks should perform very similar.

Good luck with your search, let us know what you decide to do.

Here is a picture of the old 500

P1000675.jpg

Here is a picture of the 800.

P1010320.jpg

Finally here is a picture of My 800 and a buddy's 700 together. The 700 is using the old style Polaris Prospector tracks.

P1010316.jpg

I have to agree with Fishy. The 500 is alittle under powered. I installed Mattracks on my 500 and climbing hills in soft snow it would bog down. With packed snow on a lake I could get 45 to 50 MPH out of it.

I also moved up to an 800.

Dan

P3090074.jpg

AllSportsman800021.jpg

You can do it, but I doubt you'll be happy with it. The 500 in the Ranger is already about maxed out for such a heavy machine, adding the tracks to it will only make it worse. It would look sweet, though.

I haven't bought a machine yet, just doin some research.

My next question is, if you buy a ranger, do you need to do any type of "beefing" up the suspension or any adjustments to the wheeler to accomadate for the tracks? Also, what is the best track to buy for the money???

Search google for ATV TRACKS dot net the first link should help you out. Give those guys a call and they will take care of you. Some tracks may require modding of the machine. I know the polaris tracks are designed to fit their own machines without mods. Mattracks also has some nice setups. But the guys at atv tracks know their stuff.