Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trout Troller

Keel Guard

10 posts in this topic

Are these easy to install and are they worth the $150? I have a bass boat that I typically put on the beach and it's starting to chip and wear away on the keel.

Yes, Yes and Yes wink

I put one on this spring and love it at the launches on the rivers. I also gave it a major test last weekend with a wing dam on Pool 2 whistle. It left a little scar on the Keel Guard.

All I can say it follow the directions to a "T" and it will last for a long time. I had to do some Keel mending before I put my Keel Guard on (fiberglass repair and patch). I would recommend doing this before the install if you have deep scratches, holes or chunks missing. It give the Keel Guard all the more surface to hold to, plus it is easy to repair, because no matter how good of a job you do with the fiber glass fill/repair, you will never see it. The Keel Guard covers it. Do the repair one day and install guard the next.

One of the best things I did to my boat this year. I have also noticed a cleaner/crisper response when turning also (at least I think so).

Good luck!

They are worth the cost. From what I hear ( and I'm going to install one) the Kamby's are the best out there.

I have a bass boat, and i would never get one without a keel gaurd. Its worth the money

The keel guard is coming loose underneath my boat and is bumping up against the roller when I launch the boat. What do you use to glue this back on?

Best thing I would do is contact the Keel Guard (brand name) and ask them what type of glue to use and then report back.

Is it one you installed?

There is a life time warranty on the Keel Guard Brand. I kept all my stuff, just in case this ever happens in the future. I was told it is a “No hassle” replacement and is very easy.

More times then not, you are going to have to try and rescuff the bottom of the boat to get it ti stick. If you have alot of glue that is on the hull where its coming off, you might have to scuff that all off for it to work, or you might have to start over to a new one.

Trout Troller,

Did you get the Keel Guard or pass?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• It was Trump who made the claim that the RNC was "crooked and rigged", and went on to get the nomination anyway. But it was the DNC and the RNC who made the 15 percent polling rule for third party candidates to enter the debates after Perot made both major party candidates look foolish in the 1992 debates. So obviously, "crooked and rigged" is only a problem for Trump when he perceives it not to be working in his favor.  
    • Yes it will, it's almost impossible to kill horseradish.
    • Haha! Can't find a loss on the schedule.
    • Lots of pressure in the Little Falls area. First time hunting in the area. Most of the "hunters" in the area seemed to subscribe to the show up right at shooting light and set up just up or down river from someone with decoys out, then call wildly and blindly while pass shooting birds. We pulled the plug on our Saturday sit only an hour in when our boat had steel shot hit it the second time.  We did enjoy ourselves though spending the rest of Saturday snooping around a hard to get to public slough. Then Sunday  we worked a 12-mile stretch of river and scouted up some new water for future hunting.  Lots of fun, can't wait to see how the rest of the season turns out. 
    • If I choose not to dig the horseradish, will it keep growing next year? 
    • That's funny, I was just looking at airplane tickets..... 
    • It could be said that Trump is actually a third party candidate, who is taking on the two establishment parties one at a time rather than both at once like Gary Johnson.      Sort of like a fight against two opponents.   Take out one first then fight the other.   Trump was pretty clearly not a part of the Republican Party establishment when he declared his candidacy.   He was opposed by all of the other candidates as well as the Party apparatus.    But now they have lost and are faced with losing their influence if they don't support the nominee.   Gary Johnson, on the other hand, chose to go the traditional third party route and take on the whole establishment at the same time, an endeavor that is doomed.  Even Ross Perot or Ralph Nader couldn't pull it off.   It was Trump who had the the insight to realize that he could inject himself into the cluster thing that was the Republican nominating process and with his money, media savvy, and recognition get the nomination.  That's how it has to be done these days.   And it may have been a unique opportunity.    Next time the Republicans will probably change their process to be rigged like the Dems did after the McGovern debacle, especially if Trump loses.    
    • that one got by me.  Missed the metasarcasm.
    • I have a couple of spots where scrapes are opened up every year by opening weekend bow in mid Sept, they aren't easy to find but they are out there.
    • I think it might would have worked better if that tree in the picture would have not fallen in front of the rub.   also I had a fair amount  of does and fawns check it and lick it. 
  • Our Sponsors