• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Keel Guard

Trout Troller

Yes, Yes and Yes wink

I put one on this spring and love it at the launches on the rivers. I also gave it a major test last weekend with a wing dam on Pool 2 whistle. It left a little scar on the Keel Guard.

All I can say it follow the directions to a "T" and it will last for a long time. I had to do some Keel mending before I put my Keel Guard on (fiberglass repair and patch). I would recommend doing this before the install if you have deep scratches, holes or chunks missing. It give the Keel Guard all the more surface to hold to, plus it is easy to repair, because no matter how good of a job you do with the fiber glass fill/repair, you will never see it. The Keel Guard covers it. Do the repair one day and install guard the next.

One of the best things I did to my boat this year. I have also noticed a cleaner/crisper response when turning also (at least I think so).

Good luck!

Best thing I would do is contact the Keel Guard (brand name) and ask them what type of glue to use and then report back.

Is it one you installed?

There is a life time warranty on the Keel Guard Brand. I kept all my stuff, just in case this ever happens in the future. I was told it is a “No hassle” replacement and is very easy.

More times then not, you are going to have to try and rescuff the bottom of the boat to get it ti stick. If you have alot of glue that is on the hull where its coming off, you might have to scuff that all off for it to work, or you might have to start over to a new one.