• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My dilemma

This first photo is the loon that I wanted to get enlarged. Unfortunately, if I get it enlarged to a standard size as shown, it ruins the comp IMO. His bill is too close to the edge. I should have backed off on the zoom a bit. Nothing I can do about that now. My wife likes this second loon. Due to him being at just a little of an angle, he's not as close to the edge of the frame. Due to this issue, do you think I would be better off going with #2, or do you think non photographers wouldn't even notice the poor comp on the first one?

2670933453_7504408a65_o.jpg

2671744662_9a9631c827_o.jpg

Never mind. I found a place online where a person can get a 20" X 24" metal frame with white mat for $41.

Actually, I went back in and refigured. The frame and mat and acid free foam core would cost just $35.

Mike, I can't see either image.

But if you have a bill too close to the edge and you have a pretty consistent background, you can go into photoshop and add a couple inches of blank canvas in front of the bird and clone in added background, later cropping as you wish.

OK, now they appeared. Adding canvas and cloning on the first one would be a bit of a challenge but not an insurmountable one, but IMO either will do you just fine. Non-photographers who simply like looking at and buying nature photographs probably wouldn't even notice the bill close to the edge because those are things generally only noticed by picky photographers.

I like the better angle of the bird in the first image, because it's more in profile than pointing away, but I like the waves and motion in the second one. Six of one, half dozen of the other.