• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hitch advise needed....

Grant

Question

9 answers to this question

Grant,

Minnesota Hitch in Ramsey (across from Plants N Things) has always had fair pricing and done good work (a lot of auto dealers use them).

Also you could try automotive concepts in ER. Might be pricey, and I think he does hitch’s.

Good luck dude! smile

google "trailer hitches" and start pricing. Make sure to compare apples to apples. Some places will give you the receiver assembly included others will not. next google "trailer hitches free shipping" and start pricing. (this assuming you can install it yourself) Also remember to check prices on the wiring kits.

I was able to save myself $300 over the dealers quoted price and $100 over a couple local companies prices (1 of which was already mentioned above). The online site I ended up going with did not offer free shipping but it still came in cheaper than all places that did. I was happy with the whole process. Nothing like shopping from your keyboard.

I installed it myself using the instructions provided. I used my floor jack to help me raise and hold it into place. All in all a good experience buying a hitch online.

Good luck.

Yep, that's the one. If I remember right The class 3 hitch and reciever and ball was less than $300. The cool thing about going to the store is you can look at it hold it and messure it. I don't like to buy stuff off the internet. Like Forrest Gump said "It's like a box of chocolates" you never know what you will get. Let me know if you need any help with this. I am happy to help out a fellow FM'er..