• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wounded skies

With all the late evening thunderstorm activity this last week and all of us posting images, I thought I'd throw a couple more into the mix.

Miners Lake dwarfed by the sky

Canon 30D, Canon 17-40 f4L at 17mm, iso100, 1/6 at f22, handheld and braced

2670729199_76815dd946_o.jpg

Into a troubled sky (actually, the storm had passed, the winds had dropped, and there were blue skies within a few miles)

Canon 30D, Canon 70-200 f2.8L at 120mm, iso100, 1/1250 at f2.8, handheld, panoramic crop

2671550190_1f8e074293_o.jpg

You know it's strange how different people like different things.

For me, the second image is a winner and the first an also-ran, just "another sunset shot." I just tossed the first one in there as an afterthought. I'll be printing the second image really large and custom matting and framing it, I like it that much.

In the end it's all good, and things like this are a continual lesson that what's important is not which nature image we like best, but that we simply like nature images as much as we do. gringrin

The second image does it also for me!...those skies sure made the photo!...one never can tell till we get back home and see the photo on the puter what we really have sometimes......I think maybe that image was the last thing Amelia Earhart saw before she took "the plunge" shocked.... grin