• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slump Buster

DTro

Well sort of......

Been on a dry spell lately and it sure was nice to remove my own hook from a fish for a change last night.

Still haven't been able to put a good pattern together on these fish, sporadic and spread out. When you do find a fish though it seems like the same rod gets hit over and over again. We've been referring to that rod as being "in the slot". Now if you are able to cast out and hit "the slot in the slot", you might as well not even put you rod in the holder.......right Aanderud? smile

Back to the slumpbuster, I say sort of because it was only about 15lbs, and as I jumped into my truck to go home, I found an orange colored primate in my passenger seat frown

Well it can't make it any worse. I have had that monkey for a while now and it isn't working for me so I thought I would give him a change of scenery.

Please give him a good home.

By the way, he likes to have his belly rubbed.

Darren, are you bringing the monkey along tonight? Might as well. Last time he was in my boat he was tied to my rod holder. Put him on yours and it could be a whole different story.

I also wanted to mention that if you see a smallish maybe 14 inch tire floating downstream past you, and you decide at the last minute to reel in fast and cast out really really far to try to catch it, and you just miss by a wee bit -- you might want to reel up some of that line instead of just leaving it there. Because when a fish does hit, having 80 yards of line out takes forever to reel in, and the dinks just aren't worth it. smile