• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why oh why

Why am I up at 2:00 AM? We just had round after round of some of the worst storms I have seen in a long time. Funnel cloud spotted by Wabana lake around 9:00pm, that's only 2 miles from me. I was out fishing and thought I heard thunder, but couldn't see the clouds. At least not until I got off the lake and was headed home. This is a shot of the clouds as the first storm was rolling in. Torrential downpours, pea size hail 3 different times, continuous lightning, and I was just able to finally get on the internet. Satellite stinks.

20080714_0126.jpg

What I want to know is what the heck is going on here! I moved up here because I heard they don't get a lot of severe weather in this area, did someone lie to me?

Hey I used to live right by that lake in Grand Rapids. Glad I wasn't there lastnight, looks like some scary stuff! I kinda miss the Grand Rapids area, but only for the fishing. Hoping to get up there in August and catch some bass and Northerns! And maybe have supper at Forest Lake. That would make for a nice weekend.

Brenda

personnally i would take a good old blizzard before any kind of summer storm because of the risk of a whole lot less damage that summer storms create. sure you may have to shovel a bit but for the most part you dont need to repair/ fix things like summer storms can do.

sandmannd, thanks. because i havent figured out yet how to do some of these fancier things on the computer my FRIEND, lisa picked it out for me. i like it and kinda growing on me. see done a good job.