Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iambjm

Why oh why

29 posts in this topic

Why am I up at 2:00 AM? We just had round after round of some of the worst storms I have seen in a long time. Funnel cloud spotted by Wabana lake around 9:00pm, that's only 2 miles from me. I was out fishing and thought I heard thunder, but couldn't see the clouds. At least not until I got off the lake and was headed home. This is a shot of the clouds as the first storm was rolling in. Torrential downpours, pea size hail 3 different times, continuous lightning, and I was just able to finally get on the internet. Satellite stinks.

20080714_0126.jpg

sorry about the weather. Its been like that here the last couple days. We have yet to see the really bad weather. But thats a great picture.

We had one storm roll through in the middle of the night. We rushed down to shut windows and after it was all said and done for, we got 3/10ths of an inch of rain.

I have something of yours Lisa, gold stick do you need it back right away or can I give it to you in Aug.?

The gold ruler...in August is fine unless Jim needs it and then I'll let you know. I doubt it though. Too bad we couldn't get much use out of it on Saturday. frown

Didn't get to use it on Monday either, the one walleye I did catch snapped my line right at the boat. Was probably about 16 inches.

Barb you can just give it to Lisa at the GTG in Aug. Too bad about the walleye cause that one was a perfect eater.

so, is it really that wet up nort. how about the deer river area? i suppose then the bugs are bad and big also.

And for that matter Winnie. I heard they were surfing this weekend on the East shore

Barb here is a pic that a friend of a friend sent of the trouble maker from last night.I guess this is looking at Crystal lake.

TornadoJuly15th08.jpg

My family is coming up for the weekend this weekend so I hope the weather holds. I don't think we'll fish Winnie tho since I don't have avid fisherpeople on my side of the family. There are ALOT of mosquitoes up there!! mad

Jim, is Crystal lake in Grand Rapids? A classic wall cloud!

Barb-it's by the fair grounds right off of Hwy 38 on the right as you're leaving Gr. Rapids. CRAZY tornado!!!

That one definately looks bad, and down here in the SW corner of the state (The Windtunnel) we get some bad ones.

What I want to know is what the heck is going on here! I moved up here because I heard they don't get a lot of severe weather in this area, did someone lie to me?

Give me a hurricane over a tornado any day. At least I have the option of leaving.

Hey I used to live right by that lake in Grand Rapids. Glad I wasn't there lastnight, looks like some scary stuff! I kinda miss the Grand Rapids area, but only for the fishing. Hoping to get up there in August and catch some bass and Northerns! And maybe have supper at Forest Lake. That would make for a nice weekend.

Brenda

personnally i would take a good old blizzard before any kind of summer storm because of the risk of a whole lot less damage that summer storms create. sure you may have to shovel a bit but for the most part you dont need to repair/ fix things like summer storms can do.

sandmannd, thanks. because i havent figured out yet how to do some of these fancier things on the computer my FRIEND, lisa picked it out for me. i like it and kinda growing on me. see done a good job.

I'm so glad that your avatar is so well received! grin

You could have this one: 2712edaeeed13cf2289c3a9cbdd432af.gif

Or this one too:

gdpit_com_41490242_34.gif

I think those are cute!