• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did You Watch?

deadminnowcatcher

Ok, it is only the summer league but i decided to watch the 1st summer league game on nba HSOforum. After 1st half O.J.Mayo looked great with at least 3 highlight film shots- oneat the buzzer at the end of 1st half.

Kevin Love after one half looks like he is out of his league. Last one down the court on almost every possession. Turning the ball over and forcing up 3 pointers that are not even close.

now i know it is only summer league and just one half, but after watching this i am sick to my stomach. in my very honest opinion we messed up--- should have kept the Mayo

Yeah, I think i heard he had like 4 or 5 fouls right out of the gate...but you get 10 in the games i thought i heard.

Love wasn't known for defense...suppose to have the offensive weapons and passing skills to help. Also a decent rebounder.

Anyone ever think that the timberwolves had Garnett and Ray Allen at one point...maybe they could have went after Paul Pierce back then, oh well!

Pretty consistent games by Love. Through 3 games, a 21 point average, 15 boards, 2 assists, a block...all in thirty minutes. Defense needs work, but learns quickly and gobbles up rebounds against smaller and larger players.

being a west coaster, i saw both play on the tube alot. i think mayo got too much highschool hype, i just never saw it. love was a really good big man for a school with a history of really great big men. mayo reminds me of ricky davis. tons of talent, but just doesn't get it. love has a sweet touch, but painfully slow. he will get destroyed by todays nba big men (howard, bosh, kg, etc.) but, how bout those outlet passes!

But did you see what Mayo did last night?

Sure did he played 40 minutes scored 28 points had 1 rebound and ZERO assist "again" ZERO blocks and 2 turnovers.

Where as Love who is a much better all around player team wise and Mike Miller combined for 39 points 16 rebounds 9 assist 4 blocks and ONE turnover.

I understand the average fan will look at the total points scored and make their determination. But there is a lot more to winning or fundamental sound basketball then throwing up 20 shots a game not rebounding, playing defense, turning the ball over and not passing like Mayo has and will continue to do.

So far it's game, set, match for Love over Mayo and throw in Miller the best of the 3 players and it's a NO_BRAINER in favor of Wolves!

Go Vikes grin

I agree the Wolves at this point got the better of the deal......remember we also shipped off Walker and Jaric!! Mayo could be a star someday in this league but he is not going to be a superstar......Love on the other hand has the chance to be a 15pts-10 reb-5 assist guy in this league matched with his D and intensity he will be a great player for years!!! Mchale might just get this GM thing down!! Now if they wouldn't have sent Chalmers to Miami for nothing.............

I agree, I'm liking the deal more each time I watch Love play. Despite being undersized, he guarded Duncan much better than Jefferson did last night and had 3 blocks to boot.

You're right Ozzie, giving Chalmers away for nothing was stupid. We could use him right now as it looks like Telfair is our best option at the point which is scary.

I wasnt saying we didnt get the upper hand of the deal, I did watch most of the game last night, and liked what I seen from Miller and Love, I liked the trade to begin with and still do. I was just saying that Mayo did fairly well as well. This is a great young team with a future! Unlike it was when KG was here.

Disappointed in the finish last night, but LOVE'd the effort!

Love has been impressive. I thought he was going to get eaten alive down low when people were talking about what to expect from him in the NBA.

Awesome defense and rebounding. Uses his body well, runs the floor, positional defense, great passing. You gotta love him. Mayo is going to have nights he goes off scoring-with no dimes. I'd almost take Love straight up right now. Plus, he wants to be here!