• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sioux Narrows - Reports? Advice?

I am heading up for the weekend with the Family in-tow to the provincial park campgrounds in Sioux Narrows. I have bragged about Canadian fishing to them, but I am a bit nervous about disappointing the boy with poor guiding as I have never fished LOTW.

How has the walleye fishing been? What is the pattern? I am not normally the type to ask for this kind of advice, but with the family in the boat and only a couple of days to fish, I will not be able to experiment and search much.

Any other activities in the area that I can entertain the family with (wife and a 6 year old boy)?

Any advice or words of wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

From the Provincial Park, you will have access to Long Bay. From there, you'll need a map/gps and make your way west, down long bay.

To the best of my knowledge, the walleye will get better in numbers as you travel farther west to Yellow Girl Point. They are still being caught all over the place, but the best starting poing is a jig and minnow/gulp/leech on the humps (26 fow)

From there, a little trolling along points with bottom bouncer/spinner rig if you are still having a hard time finding them.

Expect about a 10-18 mile ride to the west to find the structure/area I've described. I have a 6 year old boy and I can relate to the "pressure" you are feeling.