• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My boat is taking in water??

Hammer Handle

Sounds like it's time to pull it out of the water and see what the deal is.

A couple of things you can do - first, drain it (to make sure it's empty) then put it back in the water and turn your front livewell on - when the front livewell is pumping, watch in the bilge area - do you have water running back there?

If you come to the conclusion it's not the livewell put the boat on a trailer, fill it up to the floor boards or there about and watch the bottom of the hull for leaks.

marine_man

...If you come to the conclusion it's not the livewell put the boat on a trailer, fill it up to the floor boards or there about and watch the bottom of the hull for leaks....

marine_man

When I got a hole punched in mine this was how I located the hole. Filled it with the hose like a bathtub and whatched for the leak. One recomendation though... Water weighs 7.5 lbs per gallon and it may take several hundred gallons to find your leak. Make sure your trailer can handle the extra wheigh....

Well, it looks like the intake hose to the front livewell is leaking. It is not an easy fix....

But, the water only very slowly (maybe not all) goes back to the bilge area of the boat.

I am concerned as maybe some water is staying in the boat. What will happen when it freezes?

It still feels heavy in the front, more than before.

Getting heavier? Might have water trapped up there between the ribs. Got a jack stand, crank it to its highest point and see if she drains. Or your flotation became water logged. Open all the hatches to get as much air flow though there as possible.

If the water freezes in a small area where it can't expand it'll damage the boat.

I would try to fix the leak... you can get new hose, tape it to the old hose where it comes out of the aerator pump and fish it to the front.

You may have to cut an access hole in and put a cover to get at the clamp on the fitting. It's not a good deal, but having a boat full of water isn't much better.

Also, I would tip the boat up and let it sit for a while - open the compartments as Frank suggests and see what happens. You could also put a box fan blowing into one of the compartments which would get some air circulating.

marine_man