Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deitz Dittrich

Podcast 66 Preparing fish for the table.

2 posts in this topic

Deitz - Thanks for the "chef" title, lol. I'll take it but never went to an official school, just 12+ years cooking experience in everything from nice restaurants to bars to deli type places...

Here's a little more info on the Butter Wine Almondene recipe in the Podcast...

Used it alot earlier this year on trout and lately walleyes. A nice mild sauce that lets the fish shine through...

8 or so chopped plain almonds. Without almonds ive used a few slices of onions, have also subbed pecans but almonds are my favorite

1 cup white wine

1/2 to 3/4 stick of butter

1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning

1/4-1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning

pinch of salt

in a small dry fry pan on med-high heat lightly roast the almonds. In a minute or so they will start to release some oil and omit a nice odor. Now add the wine and and let come to a good bubble and add everythign else. Cook it for a few minutes and its done.

I usually spray the bottom of a baking dish and place the filets in there and pour the sauce over the fish. In a hot oven 400-425 the fish will take 8 minutes or so? Till it flakes a bit.

I also make this one on the grill or along side a camp fire in tin-foil packets. Make the sauce at home and bring it on camping trips or for shore lunches.

At the restaurant I wont use "lemon pepper" seasoning but instead some fresh ground pepper and juice from half a lemon...

Enjoy!