• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bluebills numbers

If you read Niskanens story this week, it is about bluebills numbers. Basically about what is "real" in the bulebill population number game. Two respected biologists show that bluebill numbers are actually stable, or at least not declining in the huge way Washington is trying to suggest, and this is using the FWS numbers.

I can't post link, but easy to find.

As talked about here already, a one bluebill limit is going to make mornings a lot trickier for those who hunt divers. Granted, I have not seen as many bluebills the last several years, so I am not sure what is going on or who I believe. But either way, hunters are not the reason for not seeing bluebills these days.

Anybody see lots of bluebills the past few years? Not looking for spots, just wondering if people are seeing them.

I actually seem to see more in the spring on the river than I do in the fall. Hunting in western MN I've been seeing a ton more ringers these last few years compared to bluebills, which used to be the bread-and-butter species for duck hunters in that area.