Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
magic_minnow

Big Stone Lake Campground

4 posts in this topic

near MN/SD border. Has anyone been here before and what can I expect? Group camp outing in a few weeks here. Thanks!

Are you staying at Big Stone Lake state park? I was up there for the opener, Got about a foot of snow, and the fishing was SLOW. But campground was nice. The sites are about the same as all the other state parks, But they all have fire rings and picnic tables. And it's right on the lake, Nice access. Rocky shore line makes shore fishing difficult.

BradT:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah Big STone Lake State Park....on the SD/MN border....I wont be expecting snow that weekend ahahh! I'll let you know how i do. Any suggestions on tackle? Thanks!

I'm not sure about this time or year, but on opener the walleyes are on the shallow rock shoreline, so we casted jigs up to the shore and jigged them back. Almost like largemouth bass fishing. pitching jigs and plastics or jigs and minnows. chartruse and white were the hot colors early in the year. I'd stop at that bait store right as you come into ortonville and ask them. I can't remember the name. Good luck.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I was out last night on a local lake and was surprised to see the water temp down to 57.  Caught a couple cookie cutter fish, but not the big ones I was looking for. Fished a lot of weeds in the 6-9ft range, but not a lot going on there. The biggest one was still shallow in some reeds, so not sure if we are still in the spawn/post spawn stage.     Whats everyone else seeing out there for a bite and fishing conditions. Big weekend coming up, Good luck!! 
    • Maxine_Partain, Welcome to the forum.  There seem to be a lot of folks from Canada joining up in the last half a year which is nice. The sad thing is they all seem to make about 3 posts on the same day they joined and then they never come back which is sad. Hopefully you will keep posting.
    •   Hazel Hain, Welcome to the forum.  There seem to be a lot of folks from Canada joining up in the last half a year which is nice. The sad thing is they all seem to make about 3 posts on the same day they joined and then they never come back which is sad. Hopefully you will keep posting.
    • hi and welcome to HSO. I think you mean double hung not double pane. if you have moisture between the panes you have a seal failure. depending on the brand you might be able to just replace the glass. If you have lots of rot you may need to do a complete replacement. Best to have a window person pop by and check out the situation. 
    • Some times it's just nice getting out of town and when your with the right people a wet weekend can still be fun. This weekend should be better!
    • Cool story! 
    • Reb's old girlfriend might have had a diaphragm, but you would find that one in the lower unit - not in the carburetor...
    • Most of the homeowner's expense comes from heating and cooling inside a home. Double pane windows have gasses like argon or krypton filled to displace the air between the panels. But the problem is when this leaks from the window panes and settles down at the bottom. 1) The main problem that would arise is condensation. The moisture level goes high thus causing mold, mildew and rotting wood sills. 2) If the gas leaks, the window will not provide better insulation. 3) The windows start to make squeaky sounds thus it is hard to close and open. 4) It also affects the stripping to loose. I live here in Canada. In our house, we have double pane windows in almost all the rooms. Now I could see that some of the windows to be in a foggy condition. Will it be due to the gas in the window panes? Should I need to replace the windows? I have heard that casement windows.are good compared to double pane windows. I would like to know the benefits of casement windows. Will it cut down my utility bills? Please do share your thoughts and valuable suggestions. Thanks for the time.
    • We spent last weekend in the camper, holed up hiding from the rain. Not the worst thing ever, but a hike would've been nice. Hopefully we'll have better weather over Memorial Day. It looks good now so I'm excited. 
    • I am in a confusion on which one to choose. I have anyways decided to separate the bath area from the toilet. Which one would be better? I don't have enough area in the bathroom. One of my friends said that when it comes to energy efficiency and water conservation, a quick shower virtually always beats a bath. Is it true??   Although it is good for relaxing and ideal for bathing small children, I think it will be difficult for older people and people with injuries to get in and out. When it comes to the case of water heaters also I think it will be difficult to fill the tub. I think all these issues can be sorted out using a shower. Showers always need only less water. But if there is any leak, it will be difficult to fix.   I personally prefer bathtubs. Although it has many disadvantages compared to showers, the relaxation and freshness we get after bathing in a tube are very different. What is your opinion? Based on your opinion, I want to fix my decision and approach a plumbing company for installing it. Feel free to share your thoughts.
  • Our Sponsors