• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wind!!!

Juan Grande

Man is it frustrating when you spend the whole weekend on Mille Lacs and can't get the boat out because it looks like the Bering Sea. Then come Monday morning, I'm sitting here at work looking out the window at a flag that's hanging still...absolutely no wind.

Hiya -

Yeah, the wind was dreadful. Always fun taking waves over the bow as you try to hold on a spot...

Yesterday morning one of my kids asked me when the wind was going to die down. Since we planned on leaving the cabin around 7 PM I said "right around 6:00."

I was right on...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Yup - that's why I stayed in Grays bay. I went to Wayzata for a bit, but headed back shortly. I went to the sippi on Sunday (thinking safe from wind) and saw what looked to be like a boulder field - nope, it was white caps!

On behalf of myself and many others I would like to congratulate those of you who made it out on the water this weekend. I did not even try. Even if I could have gotten on the water holding position in my boat would have been imposible. "feeling" what you were doing would have also been an issue.

I guess I'm one of the few that enjoyed the wind. I had the whole southern end of the lake to myself yesterday. Sure I had waves coming over the bow, and holding my position was a pain. But I caught fish and thats all that matters!

haha Lol I was going to say the same thing the walleye guys were loving the wind I know that I was out fishing walleyes and bass and if you could hold your boat in there we were pounding the fish as the waves were coming over you really didnt need a net jsut wait for a wave to come over and the fish along with it.

Fished out on Minnewaska (big open lake) on saturday for a tournament. By far the most wind I've ever fished in, but I sure learned a lot that day about fishing in the wind and not getting frustrated by it. If you have the power in your trolling motor to hold, and there is fish in the area, it can be worth it to gut it out and stay in the wind, even when you feel like your going to fall out of the boat! smile