• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We got there thursday afternoon and were setup in time to go fishing by about 4 or so.

Fish are high and scattered. Most people catching lots of steelhead and some kings and lakers. I averaged three keepers each trip out (morning and evening) It was pretty slow but the hookup ration on rainbows can always be a little iffy :-)

Caught fish on spoons and flasher fly's. Lots of fish up high on boards with a few colors of lead.

storms kept us in on sat morning and wind blew us off the lake sunday morning so we were back early yesturday. Brought back our limit but needed to work for them.

Going back out in 2 weeks,

Sutty

Sutty, you headed back this weekend? I was out in Keewaunee the same weekend as you and we had much the same luck 3 here, three there but it sounds like the fish are starting to ramp up and the water temps are in the low sixties right now. I am headed back for a whirlwind tour this weekend to give it a shot once again. The full core and half core rigs off of boards with spoons took most of our fish nothing off the riggers.

Tunrevir~

Just got back from Kewaunee. Fish were still scattered, but water temp. is definitely up. Caught fish on just about everything, glow spoons, flasher/fly off of dipsies, and j-plug with SWR rig. Biggest fish came off the SWR. Will be back in August.

I too just got back from kewaunee. From thurs. evening to sun morning we kept 5. pretty slow this year from what i've heard on the marine radio. Water temps were 65 to 66.8 degrees on surface. although this morning i did hear someone say the water temp was 50 down deeper, changed over night he could not believe it. Threw back 3-4 shakers.

Better late then never I guess. I am planning a couple weekends out there again this year. I ran up and fished around rock island and the water was warmer up that way and we did well for some larger kings but the weather turned from what was forcast and my little boat made for a bit of a ride back towards the dock. This year if you are hitting it about the same time maybe we can meet and compare notes. Longline leadcore did well in Keewaunee off boards and then up by Rock island we didn't hookup on the leadcore at all. It was all deeper stuff closer to the boat that produced. Can't wait to get back out there again this summer!

Tunrevir~

Hey fish addict, nice to hear from another salmon chaser. My buddy runs a 34' bayliner and has had it up on the dock in Algoma for the past 1o years untill last year. Sure was nice to fish off that baby compared to my little 17' but we manage to put some fish in the well this past summer over that way. Was a weird year, hopefully it picks up again like a normal year this year. I was just talking to my friend today and making plans for getting out to Lake Michigan. We are going to try something a little different this year and ferry the truck and trailer to Washington island, camp on the island and venture out from there. Should be an interesting trip.

Tunrevir~

I was just talking with my buddy the other day and making plans for our LM foray for July and it looks like we are going to try something a bit different this year. We are going to take the ferry to Washington island and camp over there for a few days and fish out and around the islands. I am still hoping to make an earlier run over and fish Keewaunee and Algoma which would be the second weekend in July depending on how the fish are hitting. Go get them Steelies!

Tunrevir~

Hey fish addict, nice to hear from another salmon chaser. My buddy runs a 34' bayliner and has had it up on the dock in Algoma for the past 1o years untill last year. Sure was nice to fish off that baby compared to my little 17' but we manage to put some fish in the well this past summer over that way. Was a weird year, hopefully it picks up again like a normal year this year. I was just talking to my friend today and making plans for getting out to Lake Michigan. We are going to try something a little different this year and ferry the truck and trailer to Washington island, camp on the island and venture out from there. Should be an interesting trip.

Tunrevir~

Crazy, I was just talking with my Brother last week about doing the same thing. 6 years in Algoma and last years fishing, time to try something new.

Cheffrey, we fished both Algoma and Keewaunee last year and had a few good outings and some marginal ones. We did run up to Gils rock and managed to get into some fish a bit more consistently and the beauty was we only had 4 other boats around us all afternoon. I am looking foreward to the adventure, hopefully the weather will cooperate. Never too early to start planning!

Tunrevir~

Man it was windy this past weekend! did'nt get out on the lake,But did fish the river.Water was clear the where spocky and not to many around. Won't be out there this week,Going up to catch some pan fish and walleye's. good luck fishing!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Great Reports Fish Addict.

I've added a special feature to your membership for the good and consistant reports you are giving.

Welcome to the HSO Club.

went out last weekend,fri,19th and 20th. we did great 43 fish.Had 2 over 20pds. and 10 where 4yr.olds. 70% came off a high dipse back 200ft. on a white flasher aqua flie. Only 4 fish came on spoons. with alanding 80% of fish hooked. GREAT FISHING so far,Hop it keeps up! GOOD LUCK FISHIN!!!

That's nice to hear, we're headed out over the Fourth of July, just hope the weather and fish cooperate while we're out there.

What depths were you finding the fish in? I'm in a small boat so the closer to shore the better. wink

We where south of town about 2 or 3 miles. 120 to 140 ft. water temps. on top 54 and down 60 they where 47 degrees. I will be out there to over the 4th. We stay at the harber express. I'll get more info from this week and report!

went out last weekend,fri,19th and 20th. we did great 43 fish.Had 2 over 20pds. and 10 where 4yr.olds. 70% came off a high dipse back 200ft. on a white flasher aqua flie. Only 4 fish came on spoons. with alanding 80% of fish hooked. GREAT FISHING so far,Hop it keeps up! GOOD LUCK FISHIN!!!

WOW, where were you fishing out of?? I fished Kewaunee and got 2, yeah, 2 the whole weekend. Fished thursday night all day friday, and all day Saturday. Did not here of many people catching fish at all, some of the charters said they weren't even going out. (may have been [PoorWordUsage]'n me). I saw many boats with no fish at all, like me 3 of the five times we went out. I have never done that poorly out there for a weekend. The worst I have done in the past is 18, that is only fishing friday and saturday.

I will return in late July to try it again. Should be tough fishing again with the big tournament and all.

We where south of town about 2 or 3 miles. 120 to 140 ft. water temps. on top 54 and down 60 they where 47 degrees. I will be out there to over the 4th. We stay at the harber express. I'll get more info from this week and report!

Ok, you did fish Kewaunee. That is funny, we fished that area pretty heavily, and didn't catch squat. Do you keep your boat in the marina? which one? Is your boat "fish addictt"?