Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ruger

BullDawg repair

9 posts in this topic

Just bought a new Magnum Bulldawg and while using it today a small pike hit and tore the tail. Is there any way that you can fix these? I tried a hot glue gun and that did not work. I just hate to throw away a brand new lure.

super glue and sew it back togeather with 10# power pro or heat an old fillet knife tip and melt it back togeather. A soldering gun works well to for melting. I but Super D's and get multiple fish on them before they need any repairs. I got tired of dawgs self destructing.

Thanks I will try that. Where can I get the super Ds?? Other than ordering on line. I am fairly close to Reeds but I haven't seen them in there before maybe they have them now.

Ruger... Tacklebooty is all you need to know to find James and his SuperD... I can say that they're EXCELLENT... I placed an order of 15 before the season opened... and his customer service is EXCELLENT... In fact... he gets so excited when hes getting negative feedbacks on his lures... because you bet he'll be doing something ASAP to rectify the problem...

I can't say enough about James and his customer service. He truly does care about his customers and makes sure they are satisfied with his lures. I have 8 super Ds on the way, hopefully get them tomorrow.

PVC Cement has worked for me on a couple 'dawg tails.

Funny, I was just doing this yesterday......

I'll melt tails but look to glue on the tip/nose when the weight pulls thru, there just doesn't seem to be enough rubber there to melt.

Best fix for a bulldawg is to throw it away and buy a superD from tacklebooty or a Curly Sue from Shack Attack lures.

I have several Curly Sue's with 5-6 fish and WEEKS of casting on them that have only tooth marks and still holding up well.