• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

the 99.99 dollar clubs at wally world a good set for a bwalmart clubs?

BK19

You could probably get a higher quality set of used clubs on hsolist for that or a little more. Make sure they are cavity back irons as they are much easier to get in the air and are more forgiving on mi[PoorWordUsage]s. I'd probably stick with steel shafts. I know everyone likes new stuff but when you can get used, high quality name brand clubs for anything less than $200 I think you should go for it. hsolist! It's a beautiful thing. Also check around at garage sales and auctions you will be surprised at what you will find.

are the 99.99 dollar set of clubs a good set for a beginner? thanks

like any other sport, you get what you pay for. These $100.00 sets are made of cheap iron, poor quality shafts and are inconsistent. I golfed with a guy who had some Fleet Farm irons with graphite shafts and he would hit his 6 iron 155 yrds and his 7 iron about 170 yrds and after about a year his shafts started to break. If you're just beginning, buy some used brand name cavity back irons and a 3 wood. You can tee off with a 3 wood, use it on the fairway and it's easier to hit. Once you graduate and get on someones payroll, you can upgrade.

Good luck, it's a great game.

Edit: This is weird, for some reason I was thinking you mentioned you were still in college, which prompted the "graduate" comment. Oh well, I'm blaming it on having a senior moment. crazy

I used a cheap set for a few years at first. I would recommend checking out a sportmart also though. For just a few bucks more you can get a lot more clubs. Since some of the cheap starter sets only come with odd # irons.

Yep, buy a cheap set, beat the crud out of them, and then in a few years if you're still into golf get a better set.