Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BK19

the 99.99 dollar clubs at wally world a good set for a bwalmart clubs?

5 posts in this topic

are the 99.99 dollar set of clubs a good set for a beginner? thanks

You could probably get a higher quality set of used clubs on hsolist for that or a little more. Make sure they are cavity back irons as they are much easier to get in the air and are more forgiving on mi[PoorWordUsage]s. I'd probably stick with steel shafts. I know everyone likes new stuff but when you can get used, high quality name brand clubs for anything less than $200 I think you should go for it. hsolist! It's a beautiful thing. Also check around at garage sales and auctions you will be surprised at what you will find.

are the 99.99 dollar set of clubs a good set for a beginner? thanks

like any other sport, you get what you pay for. These $100.00 sets are made of cheap iron, poor quality shafts and are inconsistent. I golfed with a guy who had some Fleet Farm irons with graphite shafts and he would hit his 6 iron 155 yrds and his 7 iron about 170 yrds and after about a year his shafts started to break. If you're just beginning, buy some used brand name cavity back irons and a 3 wood. You can tee off with a 3 wood, use it on the fairway and it's easier to hit. Once you graduate and get on someones payroll, you can upgrade.

Good luck, it's a great game.

Edit: This is weird, for some reason I was thinking you mentioned you were still in college, which prompted the "graduate" comment. Oh well, I'm blaming it on having a senior moment. crazy

Yes they will be fine for you and it won't hurt the pocket book to bad.

Plus the return policy at WallWorld is 2nd to none if you change your mind!

I used a cheap set for a few years at first. I would recommend checking out a sportmart also though. For just a few bucks more you can get a lot more clubs. Since some of the cheap starter sets only come with odd # irons.

Yep, buy a cheap set, beat the crud out of them, and then in a few years if you're still into golf get a better set.