• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever rebuilt a pressure washer pump?

DewDropper89

I've got a 2400 psi Karcher pressure washer with 5.5 hp Honda. Engine runs like a champ, but no pressure. I took the pump off and took it apart - nothing obvious looks wrong, but I've never dug into one of these before. Looks like I could get a new pump for $139 or a rebuild kit for $80. Anyone ever tried the rebuild kit? I want to sell the thing to get it out of the garage but would like to make at least a few dollars, that is why I am considering the rebuild. Any opinions? Thanks.

Before you go through the effort of rebuilding it make sure the inlet hose screen is clean. (Its located right where the water hose connects) If there is any obstruction they wont work. Mine quit while using it up at my cabin and I messed around with it for a half hour before finding the screen plugged. Cleaned it out and it worked great....

I had two of the same kind last year, they both had some issues. I tried to make one out of two and it didn't work. what did you pay for yours, I might be just as well to junk it than put the money into - just to sell it.

Thanks for the ideas, fellas. I'll check for obstructions at the hose inlet. If I don't find anything there, I may put it back together and sell it as a "pump doesn't work" pressure washer, but also thought there might be some satisfaction in getting it working...but it really won't be worth it in the end. Thanks.