• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Adrian Beltre rumors

mike morris

What would you folks think about the Twins picking up Adrian Beltre? He would add power at the 3B position...

I personally don't think this is the type of deal the Twins would pull. It sounds like the Twins are pretty much satisfied with the youth that we currently have.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this really a rumor or are you just speculating on what the espn guy mentioned today that the twins should trade for him? His bat would definitely be welcome but I'd guess the mariners are going to want some young talent in return and that just isn't our style so I'd be surprised if it happened.

I've heard this from several different sources, so I'm not just speculating off of what one guy has said.

I too would welcome the bat... But at what cost??

who are you hearing we'd have to give up to get Beltre?

For you guys that are knocking Cuddy....Beltre and Cuddy's stats are soooooo close.

Cuddy: BA-.252

HR-3

RBI-35

OBP-.324

SLG-.376

Strike-out %-19.1%

BELTRE:BA-.259

HR-16

RBI-46

OBP-.329

SLG-.440

Strike-out %-20.1%

these are 2008 stats, with playing about 30 more games and no injuries. There career stats are even closer.

Beltre has much better average vs. LH piching than RH which would make him a good candidate for DH or platooning

He also won a gold glove for 3b in 2007

The rumored reports are they want prospects, including but not limited to Span. They are not going to take Cuddy or Lamb, Boof would be a throw in, because he is still young and has lots of stuff. But are we willing to give up Span?

Bring him in. He's an upgrade at 3B. He's a great defensive player (won Gold Glove last year) and he can hit for some power. Plus you don't have to sit him against lefties.

And yes I would be willing to give up Span for him.

For you guys that are knocking Cuddy....Beltre and Cuddy's stats are soooooo close.

Cuddy: BA-.252

HR-3

RBI-35

OBP-.324

SLG-.376

Strike-out %-19.1%

BELTRE:BA-.259

HR-16

RBI-46

OBP-.329

SLG-.440

Strike-out %-20.1%

these are 2008 stats, with playing about 30 more games and no injuries. There career stats are even closer.

Beltre has much better average vs. LH piching than RH which would make him a good candidate for DH or platooning

He also won a gold glove for 3b in 2007

HR's are the biggest thing that makes Beltre attractive to the Twins, it'd be nice to have some guys that can regularly threaten deep.

I beg to differ with you but in my book he has been playing almost every game. I'll take a whole team of Puntos and play small ball. The guy could be on high light reals every single night with his defence. He has gone through some injuries this year but there is not a better utility man in my book. This guy plays 110%. Can't tell I'm a fan of his at all can you!!! Really the only reason I like this guy is because he is small. I was small in high school but always played 100% too but just a tad to small to move on to the bigger endevors.

Yeah, Punto is a UTILITY player.

I like plugging him in there for defense and giving guys a couple days off. But he is not an everyday guy in my opinion.

Got to love his heart and hustle.

first off, punto has only 102 at bats this year, so I don't know where you get that he is playing everyday. second, I was talking about him playing almost everyday last year with his incredible .210 batting average through 150 games. His average was hovering around .190 until August I think. I agree that his defense is phenomenal, but he has not proven himself to be an everyday player. Maybe he will be able to keep up his .324 avg, but don't count on it. I just hope the team can make a run and have people contribute in a timely manner. We do need to pick up someone else before the trade deadline. We may not need a new player to make the playoffs, but they definately need a hot bat or a shutdown reliever to go anywhere in the playoffs.

just becuase Punto slides into first base(dumbest move in baseball) can't play at more than 100% and several twins play

that way becuase if they didn't they would be on the bench. He

is a role player at best and takes a risk of hurting himself

and team(that is short on infielders to begin with)everytime

he slides into first. He is a showboat and I think you think showbaoting is the extra 10% that he gives above everyone else. Mauer, Justin M, ALexi, Delmon, all those guys play

without showboating and are the team. Punto has been hitting as

of late, must be contract year.(extra 10% becuase he needs a contract next year)

just becuase Punto slides into first base(dumbest move in baseball) can't play at more than 100% and several twins play

that way becuase if they didn't they would be on the bench. He

is a role player at best and takes a risk of hurting himself

and team(that is short on infielders to begin with)everytime

he slides into first. He is a showboat and I think you think showbaoting is the extra 10% that he gives above everyone else. Mauer, Justin M, ALexi, Delmon, all those guys play

without showboating and are the team. Punto has been hitting as

of late, must be contract year.(extra 10% becuase he needs a contract next year)

could be worse. He could do the summersault and land on the DL slides like cuddyer.

I doubt you could trade him and Mike Lamb and get Denny Hocking

. Same lame type of player. Anyone who slides into first base

is an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly, not aggressive, making up for talent with something that makes people say boy he plays hard and yet

he gets to base slower. I bet it [PoorWordUsage] Gardy off every time

he does it. It would be nice if he could lay a bunt down once

in a while when we need him to. THe last time we went to the playoff's he really thought of the team, went out and married his girlfriend so she could fly for free with the players wifes. Thats giving it 110% for himself, really worried about the game and winning, showboating and all about himself. Hate watching guys like that, makes me sick.