• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trouble with chatterbait

aroep

I have a couple of chatterbaits. One works great, but the other doesn't swim right(blade doesn't move). Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems and what they did to fix them.

I threw it in the garbage. J/K. I'm not a big chatterbait fan though. I have one and I bought it when they first came out and supposively they have made some improvements on there newer styles. Mine has always worked fine except for the catching fish part. grin

I dunno, I caught my first (and only thru 2 musky expeditions) fish on a white chatterbait, so I'm inclined to say they are great wink

But I have noticed a difference in action between the old ones and the new ones...like the old ones better

i caught a few fish on chatter baits early in the season, but i have had a few problems with them as well. first of all they are hard on your reels, i had some screws loosen up on me after throwing the chatter for a while. i have also had the paint peel off the blade on several of them. i still use them, but just for shorter periods of time.