Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aroep

trouble with chatterbait

5 posts in this topic

I have a couple of chatterbaits. One works great, but the other doesn't swim right(blade doesn't move). Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems and what they did to fix them.

I threw it in the garbage. J/K. I'm not a big chatterbait fan though. I have one and I bought it when they first came out and supposively they have made some improvements on there newer styles. Mine has always worked fine except for the catching fish part. grin

I dunno, I caught my first (and only thru 2 musky expeditions) fish on a white chatterbait, so I'm inclined to say they are great wink

But I have noticed a difference in action between the old ones and the new ones...like the old ones better

i caught a few fish on chatter baits early in the season, but i have had a few problems with them as well. first of all they are hard on your reels, i had some screws loosen up on me after throwing the chatter for a while. i have also had the paint peel off the blade on several of them. i still use them, but just for shorter periods of time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Well, they did throw in the Bridge to Nowhere booby prize, so that should make it all better..
    • I hear you, but all the folks ranting and raving on here would not take to kindly to a bunch of arm chairs telling them how to do their job... that I know.  It is great as a public to be informed, but to think we are more equipped than the experts to handle it, just isn't so.  It is a crappy situation no doubt, but constantly criticizing and/or deciding we are going to do it our own way, isn't going to help it, in my opinion.
    • Thanks for the heads up man I was looking at Garmins but I feel like the only ones I saw with SI were way out of my price range ha
    • I need to make a beer run the fridge is getting low up in here.   #rentfree
    • What does everyone use? decoy string mono braid thanks.
    • LOL!  The truth of the matter is, CWD is widespread across the country and I believe in only one state, somewhere out west, has it caused population level decreases.  The DNR has no choice but to try their darnedest to eliminate it.  If they don't and it becomes widespread, they will be ridiculed to no end.  If they try to fight it, they will still be ridiculed when they fail to eliminate it, but at least they tried.  IMVHO, it is here, just like the invasive species continuing to spread in our lakes.  There is no way to eliminate it.  But as I stated, it won't significantly impact deer numbers in the state.  The disease will kill far fewer deer than the efforts to get rid of it will.  It is mainly the health issues to worry about.  But I've been wrong once or twice before.
    • Was Hillarys plan to help rural America much like Obama's and Rick Nolan's? Wait for an industry to collapse then push for tarriffs a year after the fact and claim victory?
    • Kinda like how Trump is the grand wizard of the klan because he hasn't  denounced every supporter he's had well enough.
    • Regardless of where you put that fan you'll still need another fan of some sort to circulate the air around the house. The heater one only get the air out and off the heat exchange. Put one or two more in the upper corners blowing the air back down. Hugger style ceiling fans if you have room are the best. The blades need at bare minimum 4 inches and most experts say 8 inches of clearance to the ceiling. I'm at about 4 1/2 and it works fine. 
  • Our Sponsors