• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New leadoff hitting options.

bassislife

Cuddy's hitting .000 with 0 HR and 0 RBI and 0 Assists from the DL, where he seems to be landing quite frequently...just sayin.

As for the original topic, I think that Gomez and Casilla should stay at the top. Everyone goes through slumps, especially as young players, and I think keeping them up there won't hurt them too much unless they both tank big time after the all star break.

why not? Our payroll isnt very high and were poised to make a serious playoff run.

I think that with a young team, the front office guys may be a little apprehensive to pick up a big name player to make a playoff run because there are still some inconsistencies with the players and maybe too big of a chance that they won't do much if/when they make it to the playoffs. At least thats my take on it.

On the other hand, a player like Beltre could help solidify the lineup and give the young guns a little more spark and get a force going that cannot be stopped.

If it were me, I'd sign him, but I guess it's a gut feeling that I don't think they'll go after him...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Depends who else is in demand for him. 3b is filled by most of the marquee teams, but who knows what will come with injuries. I think the mariners might be moving alot of guys and rebuilding.

Beltre would be a good addition cause he would give the twins a serious HR threat who can get on base consistantly.

Beltre would be a good addition cause he would give the twins a serious HR threat who can get on base consistantly.

Yeah, that would be huge.

If not Beltre I wouldn't mind seeing a Cuddy/Boof trade for someone of a similar caliber, then IMO we could make a strong, legitimate run at the Series. I'm not saying that we won't be able to make a good playoff run right now, but to take a run at the series we need another good offensive skilled position player, or a solid set-up man. Hopefully they'll surprise me and make a big move for someone...

Gomez deserves to be benched, the way he has been swinging. Maybe they will take this chance to put him on DL for his "injury" at the wall today. They are way too worried about his "ego" to suit me. Span could fill in CF well.Span, Casilla at the top of the order, would be a big improvement. Hopefully Cuddy will come back after the break healthy to take over RF .

Beltre's numbers are not impressive, but if the price was right, he could take over the DH from Monroe from the right side and spot start 3b against lefties.(I'm not sure how he is defensively) Lamb and Monroe should be released.

Gomez deserves to be benched, the way he has been swinging. Maybe they will take this chance to put him on DL for his "injury" at the wall today. They are way too worried about his "ego" to suit me. Span could fill in CF well.Span, Casilla at the top of the order, would be a big improvement. Hopefully Cuddy will come back after the break healthy to take over RF .

Beltre's numbers are not impressive, but if the price was right, he could take over the DH from Monroe from the right side and spot start 3b against lefties.(I'm not sure how he is defensively) Lamb and Monroe should be released.

I know there's another thread on Beltre already, but what do you mean that his numbers are not impressive? 16 hr's would be tops on the team and 46 rbi's would put him second on the team. I don't know much about the guy as far as his defensive skills go, but adding a power hitter like that provided the price isn't too steep (I'm not sure what price that is) would be huge to this team.

Gomez should be sent to AAA to learn how to play baseball. He can't hit, he takes bad routes on balls to the outfield, and he's kind of a space case. He has talent, you can see it. But AAA is where you learn how to hone your skills, not on an MLB roster that is contending for the playoffs. Span should be your CF and leadoff man, he's proven he belongs there. Gomez has proven he does not belong there (not yet anyway). Cuddyer will go back to RF when healthy, he's a proven quality MLB player.

When I look at the whole outfield and then start hearing Span over Cudduyer talk. Really? Has anyone looked to the other feild lately. There is dissappointing offense numbers and not real great defensive reasons to keep Delmon Young in over any of the three out there. That to me seems to be the weaklink. Start matching Cuddy's numbers against Youngs. I really think we were sold an overrated story for that guys contract. Power hitter! Really when? Oh it's coming.... He'll come around.... well it's half time and I don't see it. So really shelf Cuddy and leave the dissapointment out there. Just need to shuffle things a bit. Am I the only one who felt we were sold a "story" with that guy (Young). Hmmm.

KMR - -Don't it always happen the day I post something about a guys lack of performance and he comes in that night and just pounds the ball. Well it's a long half left and I'm still not convinced. Way to make a fool out of me Delmon. I should bad mouth them all then we would have some hitting eh?

I hope my bashing does Gomez some good, but he's got to go as the leadoff hitter. He's the weaklink in the order until the #7 hitter. To many swings at the first pitch, not enough pitches taken. Span is in a similiar downhill spin.

It will never happen, but what about Mauer in the leadoff?? He has a very high OB% and makes good AB nearly every time and works the count. Move everbody up one spot and throw MOnroe or someone else in the mix and axe Gomez and or Span for awhile and put the one not axed in the 9 hole.

FOr those bashing DElmon Young--- he's hitting .294 with 11SB.

I'll take Young over Cuddie,,, especially since Young actually plays everyday. Buscher is underrated.

What don't you like about Youngs near 300 batting average? He hasn't had the miscues of that real rough patch earlier this year.

Gomez and Young and Cuddyer is what our outfield will be. Span has the options to go back for the couple of weeks until Sept. call ups.

Gomez just proves why he is a major leaguer! lead off double and then HUSTLE home on a bunt single!

zap i know what you mean, but i have been talking sh** about boof a lot (not so much in the forum) and he seems to keep being terrible. other guys (mud, tisosy), delmon's fielding almost made me want to kill him a little while ago. that's what all the bashing was about. you definately can't argue with his hitting, lately. let's just hope he keeps it up. i also do not agree with sending span down, since he is our new leadoff man. we just need to face the music and trade a young starter and some prospects for a power guy. That or they will see how span and young do the rest of the year and then decide whether to trade some guys for an actual power hitter. if they want to contend for a world series title, they need someone who can hit 30-40 over the fence. this being a rebuilding year, originally, i am sure the organization will not make any drastic moves before the deadline.