Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gkl

walleyes after a storm

7 posts in this topic

I have been looking forward to trolling for eyes tonight but it looks like ill hit the lake right after a big thunderstorm.

Any chance of finding them shallow? what about tommorrow night after the front has passed and the wind has blown all day?

There's always a chance, especially if you're fishing shallow after the sun goes down. Things to focus on are bait fish and cover.

the storms and cold fronts could shut the fish down or push them deeper I would look for bait clouds like team otter said out deep and then move shallower.

thanks guys.

hey otter i caught my second 30" of my life last saturday night on pokie. we should get out there sometime.

I have found that if there is a lot of thunder it seems to take almost 24 hours before the fish want to start feeding some what aggressive again.

You can't get them on the couch! LOL. I've seen the river kick out eyes just the same as to prior the storm, like nothing ever happened. A storm is different than a cold front as well. Give it a try.

Keep catchin'

Turk