Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZapBranigan

July 15 and will he??? Good old jesse.

31 posts in this topic

It's fast approaching. July 15th and Jesse Ventura will announce one way or another. In or out. I have plenty of issues with Norm but I don't think the answer is a Comic writer from California. St. Louis Park Mn (hmmm?). Anyway as usual Jesse makes it interesting. Wouldn't it be a hoot just to see him walk into the congressional house. Man that would ruffel feathers.

What have they Done for us? One that sticks out big for me is getting rid of the emmission testing. What a waste of money and time. Proven not to make a bit of difference in air quality it was voted out of existance easily but never would have come up for a vote without "The Mind" pushing it. Did perm. trailor licenses start with Jesse? I cannot remember.

Anyway what do you think. I think he would have to agree to shave off that silly thing on his face then I'll take a look. Ha.

May as well put him in there too. Atleast then the Govt. will have an aire of legitimacy, in being the fixed dog and pony show that it is now.

Tell me with all this "limp wristed lefty", and "raving rightwing dittohead" banter, it has turned this nation into nothing more than a glorified AWA(remember that? LOL), show.

So many in this country have become so "all or nothing", left or right, it's become laughable.

Barrrachhhhh "the wingnut" Obama..........are you kidding me? Bwwwwaaaaahahhahaaaaa.

Al Franken sucked when he was on Saturday night live......

John "the fossil" Mcain........ He's always seemed to me to be a stand up dude, but who knows?

Atleast with the "mind", you'd know your getting a camera ham blowhard with some entertainment value...LOL

I guess I view with a certain amount of skepticism, anyone who willingly goes out of their way to get into public office anymore.

Were it up to me, the whole nine yards would be set up like jury duty. John Q Public gets a letter telling him or her to report for duty and it goes from there.

No special interests, no clambering for re-election and just maybe get a "true cross section" of what we the people want/need? I dunno, just a crazy thought.

Al Franken sucked when he was on Saturday night live......

Ha! That right there was the funniest and truest thing I have seen in a long time, regardless of who we all like in Nov. smile

One thing I have to say for Jessie is he did almost nothing and that IMO is sometimes a very good for a pol. to do.

I thought his 'Stuart Smalley' stuff was pretty funny grin.

stuarttop.gif

I knew guys like that, that made you want to pop them in the mouth grin

I think the movie tanked though, but the show stuff was funny.

Sure better than anything SNL has to offer today crazy

When it comes to Jesse, who would you rather have on your side in a dark alley? whistle

I'd seriously consider him. Didn't he walk out of the Wellstone funeral debacle? For that alone I'd probably vote for him.

I'd seriously consider him. Didn't he walk out of the Wellstone funeral debacle? For that alone I'd probably vote for him.

Blasphemey!!!!!

gringrin

Yea, the Wellstone funeral was a pep rally. Didn't like it.

I would vote for Jesse again.....

That was classic and he did the right thing as it turned into a rally for the dems. I think he's funny and has some good views. Besides, the govt at this point is laghable at best, might as well vote for a charactor with a boa. Besides, if it keeps Frankin out of there, I'm all for him.

If anything he will call the other two on the [PoorWordUsage]. So it would be beneficial, as the news media sure wont.

I'd consider Jesse. At least ya know where he's comming from

One thing I have to say for Jessie is he did almost nothing and that IMO is sometimes a very good for a pol. to do.
Oh, I dont know about that, I think he did some good. It didnt help matters when you had pawlenty buking him all the way even Roger Moe bucked him. He was the one who reduced the licsence fee's to a reasonable rate. He pushed for light rail and started it, or was that Carlson. He saw the injustices on who was taxed and who was not and try to fix it but was shot down by pawlenty and crew.He was an easy target for the media enterainment. I couldnt give a darn if his kid partied at the mantion but the media thought it was important.

So yep, I consider him for senate. As stated above you what your getting. It depends how far Franklin is leaning.

Who would I rather have my tax money employ?

Jesse, Norm, or Al.

Let it go to Jesse.

I think he tells it like it is. No politicking and not saying the right thing everyone wants to hear. Sure everyone didn't take him seriously in the Legislature, but he did beat the other parties candidates. That has to count for something. He can cause lots of stir in Washington because he will not partake in the good ole boys club and not be shy to let others have it. Politicians won't take him seriously until he makes enough noise and he has lots of backers from the public. All they can do is play the entertainment card about him. He has to learn to stop playing the entertainment card and show his knowledge about government and issues. I believe they are intimidated by him and he has to learn to seize the moment to get their respect. I would vote for him again and I think he knows he can get the voters again and possibly shock the world a second time. Like he said "you haven't hunted until you've hunted man".

Jesse will fit the clown suit very well. All this is is a bunch of gready fools looking for a good job with power and benefits.

Jesse will fit the clown suit very well. All this is is a bunch of gready fools looking for a good job with power and benefits.

Ha!! someone speaks the truth. We all think it, but Harvey said it! smile I say vote for Harvey. wink

At least with Jesse, there would be a reason to listen to one of those fools. The rest are just a bunch of stiffs who probably got beat up in school every day.

Back when Jesse had his talk show on KFAN, I listened to him every day. I found myself agreeing with just about every viewpoint he had.

So I voted for him.

Either he was a very good liar, or he could judge the current feelings of MN people pretty well.

The one thing that he duped me on was that he was doing this for the good of MN people. Fast forward 10 yrs and it's quite obvious that he loves the spotlight and has no interest in that.

While I think we really need to push forward a third party candidate, there has to be better options than Jesse.

KFAN, has been running an old interview with him, in which he stated that he "would never want to go to Washington, why would he want to do that, he loves MN" smirk

Well said Darren.

Most know what the right thing to do is for every issue. The problem is, how does one get this done in our goverment the way it is today? I really believe that most are in their office for the glory and money and not for the best interest of the people that voted them into office.

When one watches the Legislature in session, one really wonders what is really going on and if they really do care at all. The same for Congress and the rest of the lot.

I truely believe we need many elected that are simply average joe and are there for the best interest of all and not just themselves or their party.

OK, I'm done.

I too think all Jesse wants is another 4 years in the spot light, and to get away from minnesota media. grin

Although i do give Franken one kudo for wanting to keep former senators from lobbying. I think this country as a whole would be better with out lobbiest.

As someone earlier said, if you were called to serve a term in the state senate or house, instead of being elected, more things might get done. Too much of this REP vs DEM crup going on and everything gets watered down before it goes thru.

I liked the fact that Ventura was not aligned to either Party and was at first a breath of fresh air. He did some things that made sense, said that some things that made no sense, and got lots of headlines.

I could not believe how a former wrestler could whine like a little baby though when a little criticism went his way. You're a politician, people are SUPPOSED to be critical of you. It's just how the job works.

Personally I think this is all a stunt. He'll probably talk it up on Larry King tonight. Walk into the chamber tomorrow and announce he is NOT running. Makes for good headlines anyway.

Jessie, Jessie, Jessie......Dude, you had a chance to change the political makeup of this country, a chance to be one of the greatest political figures in U.S. history. A chance to start a enthusiastic tidal wave that would have washed away the current political ineptitude that continues to hold this country down.

But when it came down to it, you fell victim to what ails most humans --- greed and power. You blew it Jessie, and the rest of us will continue to suffer thru this Rep vs. Dem dog and pony show till who knows when? Thanks ya dork, you pretty much sealed any chance of seeing anything actually get done in politics for the foreseeable future. Just go off and do your weeble wobble on the fairways or beaches, you blew your chance, and in my eyes, you blew a lot of our chances.

Jessie, Jessie, Jessie......Dude, you had a chance to change the political makeup of this country, a chance to be one of the greatest political figures in U.S. history. A chance to start a enthusiastic tidal wave that would have washed away the current political ineptitude that continues to hold this country down.

But when it came down to it, you fell victim to what ails most humans --- greed and power. You blew it Jessie, and the rest of us will continue to suffer thru this Rep vs. Dem dog and pony show till who knows when? Thanks ya dork, you pretty much sealed any chance of seeing anything actually get done in politics for the foreseeable future. Just go off and do your weeble wobble on the fairways or beaches, you blew your chance, and in my eyes, you blew a lot of our chances.

I agree, he could have really brought the independant party up as a very good thrid option. He did good for a year and then just blew a gasket. I don't get it. He could have backed some other independants as well and never did. He turned himself and MN into a joke. I liked him at first tell he went nuts.

Well looks like his spotlight on Larry King ended with a negative to the senate run. However as is just like Jesse the door is not completely shut. May have to actually wait for hour last.

He really made it seem like "noway" was he going to run though.

I am conceeding a withdrawl on this one.

Yea, on the ch9 news they showed him talking about his (handicapped) daughter and that she didn't want to be a media spectical like his son was with the party...so that sounded like it was the nail in the coffin that he wouldn't run.

But yet he said he still had until tommorrow...I cant figure out who's trying to be a bigger show boat, him or farve.