• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is this too much?

Sandmannd

Quote:
Yeah, whenever I take my buddies, they dont help me with gas at all. They dont even offer. Also, if they buy food or sodas at the gas station, they only buy it for themselves and eat and drink in front of me.... Even if they know that I dont have any food, they still dont offer to share any with me.

You need some new buddies!

$25 I wish my buddies would chip in $25 I would be ecstatic. I am finding more and more that good friends are hard to find, meaning that if you can't find a person willing to chip in for Gas and bait when you go fishing you may not want to hang out with them anyway. that is a very fair price in my mind, if you ever want to go out and can't find someone to chip in give me a call I'll go!!

Yeah, whenever I take my buddies, they dont help me with gas at all. They dont even offer. Also, if they buy food or sodas at the gas station, they only buy it for themselves and eat and drink in front of me.... Even if they know that I dont have any food, they still dont offer to share any with me.

My friends all chip in. Although I've had my fair share of losers on trips with me, overall I've got some very considerate friends. I agree with these other guys that you need new friends. I just can not imagine sitting in somebody's boat all day and be that brain dead that it would never cross your mind not to help them out with the cost of gas. Those guys who would chow down and not offer up some grub should be waving at you from shore the next day. If your buddies are that stupid, when you invite them out try some education like; " It costs me about $50 in gas to fish for the day and I expect you (or each of you) to pony up in equal shares."

I have a hard time asking for gas money as well. I find that some fishing partners may not get it. I have a couple buddies that drive little vehicles that get great gas mileage, dont own boats or have ever owned one. I also have many other buddies who own trucks and pull boats as well. It seems to me the ones who are more willing to chip in on the costs are the ones who have been in your same position (Truck and boat owners). Dont get me wrong It's not always this way, sometimes works the other way around. It's hard to believe that people can be so oblivious to things like this. To me and most of my buddies its kind of the unspoken code, some mentioned earlier; " I fly you buy" he buys the bait and we split the gas.