• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Multi Species Day

Minnesota_Herb

I'll get this started:

2 hours alone on the Zumbro near Mazeppa,MN yielded 1 or more of the following species:

Northern

Walleye

Sauger

SM Bass

Channel Cat

Flathead Cat

Rainbow

Carp

Redhorse

White Sucker

Sheep Head

Mooneye

I thought that was a pretty good multi outing considering it was one body of water in just over a couple hours using only crawlers. Anyone else have a decent multi list to share?

Paceman, that is my typical list on a good day, but with bass split into smallmouth and largemouth and add in crappies. That is on my little lake up north.

When my wife and I fish we always have an informal "species" contest. Last time out I got walleye, northern, perch, rock bass and small mouth bass. She just got those walleyes so I beat her 5 to 1.

Fishing the Mississippi by the Ford Dam :

Carp

Channel Cat

Rock Bass

Sunfish

Bluegill

Black Crappie

Largemouth

Smallmouth

White Sucker

Redhorse (prolly a few varieties, we'll just count em all as one)

Walleye

Mooneye

Didn't get a flathead or a pike, but I've got those down there as well

I'll get this started:

2 hours alone on the Zumbro near Mazeppa,MN yielded 1 or more of the following species:

Northern

Walleye

Sauger

SM Bass

Channel Cat

Flathead Cat

Rainbow

Carp

Redhorse

White Sucker

Sheep Head

Mooneye

I thought that was a pretty good multi outing considering it was one body of water in just over a couple hours using only crawlers. Anyone else have a decent multi list to share?

Flatheads in the Zumbro. Interesting

That looks like a full day of fun. I'm gonna try something like that. Instead of pheasant I'll be going after grouse. Camp next to the lake and its just the matter of choosing fish or hunt.

Then for dinner walleye and grouse.

With the fly rod on the dock Sunday night and the spinning rod Monday night (or a 24 hour period) I managed to catch the following species: perch, bluegill, pumpkinseed, bluegill-pumpkinseed hybrid, black crappie, largemouth bass, white bass, walleye, and muskie.

They were on different bodies of water. Had I been fishing more and actually tried to catch the bullheads I might have been able to get all the species possible. Two different lures caught all those fish.