• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

crow season?

thanks man thats tuesday ... i need to hook up with some one that has some gear for it ... tried last year with just my scatter cannon and a call and got more turkets to answer than crows ... i have an hankerin to try them!

Fall and March seems alot better. I always have the hardest time in July to get em and even see them. March snow really helps to get there attention, but don't wait too long to shoot cause they figure it out quick when using decoys. Edge of fields with large trees to shoot out of in the fall with a call only has also worked. Doesn't seem to scare every crow off in the county when ya shoot, when using no decoys. You can also kill a lot of time in the early goose season. Plywood silhouettes have been awesome for crows, but you burn up your steel shot.

July is a good time to hunt crows,there are the young of year that are real stupid, only it has to be a cool mourning because they do not like the hot days either. I like to take the crow call andjust blow through it and make long calls. Sometimes at this time of the year you will here that call made by young birds begging food or something. The adults usualy respond to that call. Owl crow fights calls usualy work too aswell as dying crow sounds. I have been out twice this season so far and have killed 4 birds, not many I know but we are not in Kansas. Chuckwagon if you would like to hunt Carlos Avery sometime let me know, I have an electronic call that usualy brings them in and I haven't burned up all of my good spots yet, after a few calling sessions from the same areas they get pretty smart. Also when you are out at this time of the year you have a good chance of calling in coyotes with crow sounds, so be ready to blast them when you see them. The couple I have killed snuck in pretty close and died by 6 shot.

Good Luck,

Dave