• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trails end bwca entry

in two weeks i will leaving for my fourth trip the bwca, and my wifes first trip. we will put in at trails end at seagull lake. any one been paddeling in that area lately? any good spots to stop at or cant miss scenery. planning to take a lay over day to just relax, fish and explore but dont know where the best place to do it would be. any help would be great!

There are the Palisades on Seagull Lake, which just means really steep cliffs that are cool to view from the water.

The whole area has been burned over in the last 3 years or so, so the starkness of things makes for some great photos. Also with a lot of large vegetation mission you can see some things that have been hidden by trees for years and are exposed now. We found lots of little artifacts along the portages now that all the brush is gone.

I was up there a few years back. Before the burn the area was awesome for blueberries. It should be better for berries following the burn.

Also I just got back from the Grand Marais/Gunflint Trail area. The locals say the blue berries are about 2 weeks behind normal. So you should be there just in time. Nothing like fresh blue berries.