• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winterizing

Groloe

Question

I'm wanting to winterize my boat myself for the first time this year. I've read a few things and talked to a few people, so have a good start to knowing what needs to be done. The one thing I've figured out is that everyone seems to agree on 75% of the tasks. With the other 25%, one guy will tell you it's a must, and the next will tell you not to waste your time. I'm hoping to draw from the years of experience on this forum and find out what needs to/should be done and what to look out for? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks- Groloe

Editors Note Click here to get the info you need to properly winterize your boat:

http://fishingminnesota.com/fishinfo4.html

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 09-12-2002).]

Do yourself a favor and get rid of those metal tanks and replace with plastic. At a minimum, never store the tanks on cement. Condensation occurs over long periods of sitting idle and this moisture will get inside you fuel line. Ask any small engine repair mechanic and he'll tell you this is the number one problem people have with Lawn mowers, Snow blowers and Outboards. One other thing. 12v batteries are now made with rubber bottoms so don't be afraid to leave them on your basement cement floor. Actually, I fully charge my batteries and leave them in the garage. Maybe check it once or twice at the most and replace any lost charge.