• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zone Labs and the latest Windows security update

Jim Almquist

Question

Has anybody else had major problems after installing the latest security update ? I installed Wed. morning and right away could not access the internet until I shutdown Zone Labs. This evening I went thru every program within Zone Labs and allowed access and still would not let me on the internet so I removed the security update and now there are no more problems but I have to turn off my automatic updates because I don't want this update on my computer until Microsoft or Zone Labs fixes the bug.

4 answers to this question

Jim,

if you open zone alarm and go to the firewall tab, then drag the slider down to medium that is the temporary fix.

It is also listed on the zone alarm web site.

It worked for me after i was blaming the phone company for their problem with the DSL grin

The lady was nice enought to point out the issue with microsoft update and had me shut it down to see if that was the issue.

Guessing zone alarm will be out with updates in the next couple days to rectify the situation.

I would let the update install, because from what the phone company IT lady told me was that this patch plugged a big hole in the microsoft system. Then zone alarm didn't know what to do, so it locked everything up (when it is on HIGH security setting).

For what it's worth, yesterday I overheard at a gas station that a gal with ZoneAlarm was having troubles with her firewall.

I only bring this up, which I believe Mule would have already confirmed with his post, but that it points to a ZoneAlarm problem rather than your own equipment or phone company problem.

Which, since ZA already seems to have a fix out for it, that they would have realized the same thing.