• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pouring my own plastics..how? where? Anyone here pour their own?

I've been wanting to learn and purchase my own molds to pour my own senkos. This isn't for profit of any kind. This is just so I can pour my own senkos and maybe add more to the design for my own. Does anyone pour their own here? Where can I get started? What are the startup cost average? I'm looking just to make a few simple 5 inch senkos to start. Any help in the right direction will be great!

Plastics are easy. You only need a couple of things. Plastisol. A mold and a pouring pan. Next you need dyes for color. You can use one sided silicone or aluminum molds that will leave you with one relatively flat surface. If you want a 360 degree reproduction you will need a 2 piece mold. Nice thing is you can make your own 2 piece mold if you want. These are made out of rtv silicone. Cost is much greater if you go the aluminum mold route. Everything you need can be purchased at Barlow's tackle online. Jans Net Craft may also have the stuff. Then go to you tube and search mold making. Thats my short course. It is a fun hobby but not a cost saver.

you can also make a mold from rtv silicon available from your hardware store

consider your workspace if you live in a paratment or have no garage I suggest not doing it indoors it gives of a odor other wise you can do it with just a hotplate plastisol and a a mold and pouring pan you may wan't to get a thermometor as tempeture is crucial so you don't scorch the plastic

or get it to cool it won't pour , I have done it in a few years but I think it was like 310 deg. f was the proper temp