• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My family

made the news for a good reason. smile

If you would like to read the article, go to the Marshall Independent HSOforum (put the normal dot com after the name of the paper), then go to "features". We are our county's Farm Family of the Year.

What a nice article. You sound like such a nice family. I dont even read our papers here they never have anything nice to say. I need to subscribe to your papers up there since one day I WILL move back there.

Carolyn, you have such a great family. I commend you for having a green farm! This is my favorite quote of the article from your husband,

Quote:
"We try to be at all the kids events. It's a balance, but I think it's important for our family to keep that as a priority."

Hi Fishin Chicks,

I read the article also in the Duluth paper several weeks ago.

I think it is fantastic that you and your sister both got your captains licenses! And even better that you started a business together chartering. Grand Marais is a fantastic area. And I hear you do get some nice really Kings up there as Thunder Bay plants alot of kings, you probably get a bunch of those that navigate down, maybe?

My huband has his Coast Guard 6 pack Charter Fishing license also, he encourages me to get mine, but I need a bit more time docking, etc. I have spent many, many hours driving the bigger boats on Lake Michigan and Lake Superior in rough weather, fog, etc. I am familiar with the electronics and radar and have learned alot of the "rules of the road" from the hubby. Maybe someday I will take the class.

Are you fishing up there all summer, or are you down in SW MN for the rest of the summer?

Heidi

Heidi-

The article you are referring to is not my family. We live in SW Minnesota year round. I signed up as "fishinchicks" long before I knew about those girls. I have two daughters that like to fish with me, that is how we came up with our name.

I have to say, though I have not responeded to a lot of posts lately, I have read about what you are doing up there. Sounds really cool. Your hubby encouraging you to get your CG license in similar to mine wanting me to get my CDL driver's license so I can haul grain in the semi. I, however, have resisted the idea. smile

Nice to have you on FM!

Carolyn