Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SledNeck

MinnKota foot pedal...can new work with older motor??????

15 posts in this topic

I have a couple year old powerdrive with this foot pedal

MinnkotaFootPedal.gif

is there an adapter where the newer ones like this can be used with the older style motors?

MKRiptideSPFootPedal.gif

I was wondering the same thing, I think I might like the new one over the old one.

as of right now there is no such adapter to cross over the old with the new.. great idea and i'm sure minnkota is working on something but your going to pay for it new pedal 70-100 bucks adapter 40 bucks catching bigfish priceless!!!! just had to....

I agree with gofishingtom, I haven't seen an adaptor at all for them. You still have to get the old pedal. Or you could just go with a copilot.

Some power drives wont except the auto pilot. Mine is two years old to and I asked Minkota the same question and I was told I'm stuck with the old peddle. Wish I would have done more research before I bought mine. I have to remind myself I get what I pay fore and sometimes I get less

Does anyone have both pedals or schematics to see if the wiring is similar? Same basic controls so it seems it may be fairly strait forward making an adapter. Sounds like a good project to start after a couple cold ones....wont feel as bad if you mess something up. At least until the next day! whistle

I need one of these older foot pedals. mine is shot. Anyone have a working one for sale?

I need one of these older foot pedals. mine is shot. Anyone have a working one for sale?

Check hsolist and craig's list. I thought you could still get them at Fleet Farm for $70.

fleetfarm does have them for 70$ if there in stock ..they seem to go pretty fast..

Cal Jay Soderbloom and see if he can order you one. You will save some $ and he is a sponsor of FM. www.soderbloom.com or 218-644-3392. Tel him Northlander sent ya. wink

From the MinnKota web page for the PowerDrive motor http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/accessories/detail.asp?pg=copilotpowerdrive

"System is programmable to allow multiple CoPilot remotes and/or wireless foot pedals to be “learned” (up to 10 total, sold separately)"

So if you have a PowerDrive the answer appears to be yes. Of course you will need to buy a Co-Pilot and a wireless foot pedal.

According to what I read on their HSOforum, you are correct.

If you have a V2 motor you can buy the co-pilot with a hand held control, or a wireless foot pedal.

If you have a pre 2006 powerdrive (legacy) you need to buy the co-pilot with hand controller and then add the wireless foot pedal.