• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MinnKota foot pedal...can new work with older motor??????

SledNeck

Question

14 answers to this question

as of right now there is no such adapter to cross over the old with the new.. great idea and i'm sure minnkota is working on something but your going to pay for it new pedal 70-100 bucks adapter 40 bucks catching bigfish priceless!!!! just had to....

Some power drives wont except the auto pilot. Mine is two years old to and I asked Minkota the same question and I was told I'm stuck with the old peddle. Wish I would have done more research before I bought mine. I have to remind myself I get what I pay fore and sometimes I get less

Does anyone have both pedals or schematics to see if the wiring is similar? Same basic controls so it seems it may be fairly strait forward making an adapter. Sounds like a good project to start after a couple cold ones....wont feel as bad if you mess something up. At least until the next day! whistle

From the MinnKota web page for the PowerDrive motor http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/accessories/detail.asp?pg=copilotpowerdrive

"System is programmable to allow multiple CoPilot remotes and/or wireless foot pedals to be “learned” (up to 10 total, sold separately)"

So if you have a PowerDrive the answer appears to be yes. Of course you will need to buy a Co-Pilot and a wireless foot pedal.

According to what I read on their HSOforum, you are correct.

If you have a V2 motor you can buy the co-pilot with a hand held control, or a wireless foot pedal.

If you have a pre 2006 powerdrive (legacy) you need to buy the co-pilot with hand controller and then add the wireless foot pedal.