• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wood lilies are blooming!

Such a lovely little lily. I've got quite a few images of Turk's cap lilies, which have the same color and pattern but have petals that curl back underneath and drooping flower heads.

It was nice to add these to the library this morning after hearing last night they were in bloom.

All with the Canon 30D at iso400, handheld

Canon 100 f2.8 macro, 1/125 at f3.5

2653273872_9d9fbb9d3b_o.jpg

Canon 100 f2.8 macro, 1/160 at f3.5

2652449493_2becebe0d3_o.jpg

Canon 17-40 f4L at 17mm, 1/80 at f4

2653273556_ebcfd4271d_o.jpg

Those are Nice. I was wondering what those were tonight. I was driving around near the Buffaloe river Nature area and they were in the ditches all over. I tooks some pics.

Thanks, everyone!

Not an uncommon flower in the prairie and other midwestern states, but there aren't that many up here.

Funny how we all like things a bit different. For me the third comp wins hands down. gringrin

Here are some of mine. Not as good as Mr Steve's but ok I guess. Don't meen to hijack your thread Steve but they are the same flower. Hope you don't mind. THese were taken handheld aslo but with a 100-400L, since it was the lense most accessible at the time, so I had to stand back about 8 feet, hard to do in the wind.

99952291.jpg

Black and white take:

99952290.jpg