Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Short report from muskie fishing tonight...

15 posts in this topic

No fish to be seen. I'm feeling a little more verbal today than last night, so I'll give a little better report.

Fished four hours and saw two fish. Both fish we saw were in the first 10 minutes, then it was the dead sea after that. I hit a lot of good spots that have held fish over the last week or so, but nothing doing.

Yes, I coulda been worse- I could have not been fishing. But it was pretty tough sledding compared to what I've been seeing...

I was in the same boat as you Scoot, but only managed to raise one fish. Even fished til after dark and still nothing.......

can't wait to get out there again tomorrow!!! What a glutton for punishment grin

it sucked.

Bahahaha...

I was out Sun AM Scoot. Caught one - 20 pounder or so - but other than that, kinda slow... Seems like it's total junk fishing right now. No real pattern - just throw the kitchen sink and keep grinding it out until one bites... Not my favorite way to fish, that's for sure...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Yep, I had a decent pattern or two figured out for a couple weeks, but it all fell apart between last Fri morning and last night. But... that's muskie fishing.

I'm headed up to LOW next Tues or Wed and will be up there for four or five days. I'm hearing some very tough reports, so maybe it'll be good when I'm there! wink Two and three years ago I heard some phenomenal reports before we got there only to completely crash and burn. Last year we heard tough reports before we got there and we spanked 'em pretty good. I figure the bad reports are a good omen this year.

No kidding!! I've still gotten a few fish lately but I'm convinced its because I keep going out and throw like h*ll. For a couple weeks I sorta thought I had something figured out. No real significant weather or water temp changes but someone must have come through the milkrun with a net and taken them all. The last two fish came simply because I decided to try something different. Heck, maybe that's my pattern - come up with the gameplan and do the opposite!! Like the Seinfeld episode - I'll call it "Bizarro Fishing" sell a story to Rob for EA and make a million $$!! wink

Hey Scoot, where are you going to be on LOTW? I'll be up there in the angle

No fish to be seen. I'm feeling a little more verbal today than last night, so I'll give a little better report.

Fished four hours and saw two fish. Both fish we saw were in the first 10 minutes, then it was the dead sea after that. I hit a lot of good spots that have held fish over the last week or so, but nothing doing.

Yes, I coulda been worse- I could have not been fishing. But it was pretty tough sledding compared to what I've been seeing...

4 hours of seeing nothing, no offense, but I don't really wanna hear any complaining! crazy

Three weeks ago on Mille Lacs I saw 30+ fish in two days, needless to say I was pumped. Came home from that, proceeded to catch two nice fish and see quite a few more around the metro. My fishing partner hooked and lost two really nice fish that week too. We thought we were onto something!

Last weekend I went to Mille Lacs again for 2.5 days. Fished overnight ALL NIGHT and didn't sleep much for most of those days, had 1 follow in about 30 hours of casting. And someone else hit some rocks with my boat and now it leaks. madmad

4 hours without a fish....pfffffffft! :-D

-Jeff

yea well I havent landed a muskie in 2 years, its getting alittle old I see them have them nip or jump over my bait but no fish in the boat. I am really hitting it hard this year, its gotta change soon.

Man fishing has been tough for me the last two weeks. Fished white bear today from 10:30am to 9pm. Nothing in the net.

I did move a very nice upper 40" fish on a suzy sucker around 8:00.

Lazy follow.

Only lures that are moving fish for me are suzy suckers but they are very lazy follows on this bait. Anybody have any tips to get these muskie to chew these Suzy suckers?

Brian

I have had success with the suzies on clear lakes and letting them sink a little and try covering weed tops in deeper water ( 8+ feet)...Pull..reel in slack--sinks...pull again...repeat

I have had success with the suzies on clear lakes and letting them sink a little and try covering weed tops in deeper water ( 8+ feet)...Pull..reel in slack--sinks...pull again...repeat

Thanks!!!!

I'll give that a try. I'm thinking I've been working the suzies too fast.

Good luck

Brian

You are frustrated after a four hour trip?! My past three years of musky fishing have been just as successful as your little outing. Ive got about 20 hours this year with just a few follows to show for it. I wouldnt consider myself a bad fisherman but I sure am doing something wrong when it comes to these fish and I dont know what it is that keeps me coming back for more.

Im going bass fishing....