• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

6600SS C3 reel

My opinion is buy an Okuma Induron. I havent found a Abu thats worthy yet for muskies in my boat. I know the vast majority will vote Abu, but I'm not 1 of them. Okuma, Shimano or Diawa Lunas only on my rods.

Esox... be happy that Pure Fishing is moving their headquarters to South Carolina... LOL

Now for my opinion... as posted in forum... the jury's still out on Okuma reels... apparently they are trying to solve a problem with disenaging/enaging... and I havent heard if that problem has been fixed yet...

Northern... I have 2 6600SSC3... and I love them... Just attach a Power Handle and you should be good to go... Its pretty versatile reel... I use it to throw Tacklebooty's SuperD's, Pacemakers, Weagles, LOWriders, Showgirls, etc... But I wouldnt use it to throw Cowgirls or Super Cowgirls... as the gears wouldnt be able to take the abuse for long... My last outing... I found that I've used the SSC3 as much as I used the 7000iC3... I do really wish that 6600SSC3 was designed to be able to withstand the abuse from throwing DCGs and SDCGs...

FFO will still be here they are only moving the execs not the whole shop yet. I do use Abu for walleyes but from our experience the Abus seem to spend more time in the shop than in the boat.

My Indurons been flawless so far after 14 trips out. I use it only for big plastics thoug, mag dawgs and curlie sues and for dawgs with doudle 10 blades on the front. I have an old discontinued Shimano Corsair I got off the bay going on its 3rd season with me and no clue how old it was when I got it thats my go to reel. Just got a Curado that I'm liking more and more for glides. Only issues I have had in the last 5 years with Shimanos is an anti reverse problem with a used Corsair that Shimano replaced with a Corvalus no charge and a bad pawl on a brand new Corvalus that they also replaced. Out of everything the 3 of us that fish togeather the Lunas seem to be the best with the Calcuttas coming in 2nd, verdics still out on the new reels we started using this year Okumas and the Curado.

I can buy 7000's and about anything else Abu cheap if I wanted to but after trying the different brands I prefer to order my reels rather than buy a reel I don't like and don't have a good track record in our boats.

FWIW, I am more a walleye guy that is now getting "Dragged" out by my brother to muskie fish more and more. But I have used the Abu 7000, C3's, C4's and one C5, and also a Curado 300. I love the Abu's in general, for muskie and bass (4600). But until you throw with the Curado, you are really missing some smooth and effortless casting. I love it, it feels more like a heavy bass setup. My brother loves the 7000s for his DCG's, but it just so darned big for me that I get sick of using it.

If/when I buy a setup, it will be a long rod with a Curado 300 or equivalent... but for now will keep using the rigs my bro buys, ha! But when considering smoothness, the C3's don't hold a candle to the 7000 or the Curado, and I hat ethe magnetic switch on the C5 (but I don' tthink they even make the C5 in the version we have anymore).

Good luck.

Shimano Corsair is the "Biggest piece of Garbage" of a reel that has ever ben designed.

If you see one for sale on HSOList or anywhere else I would recommend staying away from it!

There is a reason they did not stay on the Market very long they sucked! pure and simple!

If you are looking for a good reel with a High Gear Ratio say

6.3:1 I'd look at the 6600C4

If you wanna spend more money try the Luna.

Brian K

I have the reel mentioned and did put on the power handle and it has been a good solid reel for me. Been very pleased with the ABU line of reels over the years have several and no major problems etc.

Jay

The only difference between the 6500 and 6600 is the thumb bar on the 6600 as opposed to the push button on the 6500.

I really don't know what folks do to their reels to make them break so much. I have Abu's that are 20 years old and still preform like a dream. Couple i have never done anything to since I bought them, and they work fine. Absolutely love the 7000's, there is just no better reel out there to handle the big baits, IMHO. I bought one last year, and after trying it out, my fishing partners all have one of their own now.