• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LOTW?

Anyone just get back from woods lately? I'm going up this weekend and am pumped, but usually we go up last week in July so this is a new time of the year for us and I'm guessing fish won't be as much on mid lake reefs but more in/around bays?

And if anyone knows the water level and/temps?

Thanks

Got back this weekend after spending a week in LOTW in the Sabaskong and Miles Bay area. It was our worst week in years. We caught a lot of Northerns, Smallmouth and Walleyes but Muskies were few and far between.

I got one 45" Musky on an Large Eagle Tail. It was in great shape so it must be weeks after the spawn

They seemed to be holding tight to the weeds. Water levels were up 2' and Temps varied from 66 - 72 Degrees. More weeds than we have seen for the last few years but many past weed beds have been cleaned out by the Rusty Crawfish. Didn't move a fish on rocks only.

I got back from the Angle on Saturday after 4 days of fishing and it was the toughest fishing I've had up there. One muskie in the boat and a few northerns was it. Didn't see anything off of rocks and had very few follows in the weeds. Water is high and dirty all over the Angle. Water temps ranged from 65-71 while we were there. It sounds like it has been consistently slow for most people the past week or so.

Thanks...alright then, I guess I'll take a vikings attitude - don't expect much and if something good happens then you're pleasently surprised (expect for this year of course)

Hopefully they'll turn on starting this saturday. I'm planning on putting on a spinnerbait to run through weeks and only maybe taking if off for topwater at dusk. Either way, its awesome just getting up there and the fishing will always be good even if the catching isn't