• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I am heading up to this lake this weekend with my nephew and looking for any information regarding the fishing on this lake as it pertains bass and walleye. Any help is greatly appreciated.

While I have never fished the lake itself, I took a gander at the WI DNR HSOforum and here's what I found...

Looks like a pretty shallow lake, Max depth 13ft. According to the DNR panfish and largemouth bass are the most common. It didn't say there were any eye's and I highly doubt there are any, with the lake being so shallow. I could maybe see some pike in there.

anyway, hope this helps.

You looked at the wrong lake then, horseshoe is deeper than that. I can't recall ever catching a sizeable bass out of there. There's a lot of docks that you might be able to catch fish out of. If you go past the no wake zone there's an area with a lot of weeds and a few pads, but it seems to be a small northern paradise. There is also another bay you may or may not be able to get in that has some nice weeds and pads. Our 16ft V hull made it, but just barely. When you approach it you'll know what I'm talking about.

As far as eyes, never tried for them in there. With a lot of recreational traffic running near the breaks you might find them on it could be tough to get them during daylight.