• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aug 16th GTG

Hi gals

Looks like we're on for the next great womens GTG. Mark your calendars for Aug 16th.

All of you that couldn't make the first one, now is your chance to join the fun.

I've got a post in to all the Moderators in the state for a good centrally located panfish lake with a campground. When I get a few good possibilities I will through them out for comments.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another idea may be Cutfoot Sioux. We could catch pannies there too. We could camp around there too.

I did some online checking and there are several Chippewa National Forest campgrounds with available spots open, just a thought.

I am game for either Farm Island or Cutfoot Sioux. I haven't fished either one.

I looked at the DNR HSOforum, and they stock Walleye fry each year in Farm Island, and the sizes surveyed looked like good eatin'.

Farm Island slot limit: all walleyes between 17"-26" must be released. cry

Barb Cutfoot has the same slot limits but they do have some really nice campgrounds.If you can get a spot in the Deer lake site there is a lagoon that you can keep your boat in at night so if a storm comes up you will not have to load the boats.

I guess it would really help if we knew how many are coming and what everyone needs for accommodations. This is the one I found that offers a group site and group rates.

Two Mile Campground

I think the drive will be the longest for Lisa, Teresa and me. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open for all possibilities. Nothing will be like Appledoorns because of the hospitality of Paul and the fact we had the camping area to ourselves. One thing I noticed about the state campgrounds is alcohol is prohibited, and most of the sites available are first come first served not reservable. I think when we get to the reserving stage we should contact the various resorts and find out if they have an area where we can either get a group rate or at least all be together. A big group of my friends reserved some spaces at a campground and they ended up placing us all over the place. Wasn't much fun.

Muskybait, I certainly hope you can make this one too.