Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reelemin

Aug 16th GTG

209 posts in this topic

Hi gals

Looks like we're on for the next great womens GTG. Mark your calendars for Aug 16th.

All of you that couldn't make the first one, now is your chance to join the fun.

I've got a post in to all the Moderators in the state for a good centrally located panfish lake with a campground. When I get a few good possibilities I will through them out for comments.

Another idea may be Cutfoot Sioux. We could catch pannies there too. We could camp around there too.

Another idea may be Cutfoot Sioux. We could catch pannies there too. We could camp around there too.

I did some online checking and there are several Chippewa National Forest campgrounds with available spots open, just a thought.

I am game for either Farm Island or Cutfoot Sioux. I haven't fished either one.

I looked at the DNR HSOforum, and they stock Walleye fry each year in Farm Island, and the sizes surveyed looked like good eatin'.

I'm in, my boss better give me that Friday off after this week. I did not know that she was going to run an ad in one of the local job newspapers, the phone has just been crazy.

Hope

I am game for either Farm Island or Cutfoot Sioux. I haven't fished either one.

I looked at the DNR HSOforum, and they stock Walleye fry each year in Farm Island, and the sizes surveyed looked like good eatin'.

Farm Island slot limit: all walleyes between 17"-26" must be released. cry

Barb Cutfoot has the same slot limits but they do have some really nice campgrounds.If you can get a spot in the Deer lake site there is a lagoon that you can keep your boat in at night so if a storm comes up you will not have to load the boats.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! alex area, thats not far from me, oh shoot i will be up bear baiting. oh well have a great time.

I found a resort-campground that has an area for large groups on Osakis. Give this some thought.

Ok - check out

Lake Osakis.

headofthelakesresort dot com

and

Linwood Resort

I like Head of the Lakes Resort. But am open.

Is Lake Osakis good for everyone? Lisa I think you would have the longest drive.

I guess it would really help if we knew how many are coming and what everyone needs for accommodations. This is the one I found that offers a group site and group rates.

Two Mile Campground

Sounds like Osakis would be good, if we can find a place to stay. I haven't been to any of the places suggested.

I think the drive will be the longest for Lisa, Teresa and me. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open for all possibilities. Nothing will be like Appledoorns because of the hospitality of Paul and the fact we had the camping area to ourselves. One thing I noticed about the state campgrounds is alcohol is prohibited, and most of the sites available are first come first served not reservable. I think when we get to the reserving stage we should contact the various resorts and find out if they have an area where we can either get a group rate or at least all be together. A big group of my friends reserved some spaces at a campground and they ended up placing us all over the place. Wasn't much fun.

Muskybait, I certainly hope you can make this one too.

Osakis is a manageble drive, and I'd love to try the lake. I'm OK with any gathering place....I would welcome electrical for the pop up..but I also have a tent.

I am good with any of the places suggested. So just let me know and I will be there. Sounds great can't wait.

I have a kitten to bring along again!!!!

laugh don't let Lisa know - shhhhh - wink

hey now......I can bring one for everyone if you'd like.